Exceptional user experience is a hallmark of Apple, and a distinguishing feature of apps built for iOS and OS X. Review the resources below to learn how to build the polished, engaging, and intuitive apps that Apple customers have come to expect.
● User Interface Design for iOS 7 Apps: Details of the iOS 7 look and feel, including animation guidelines, tips for icon design, and how to use blurring and transparency.
● User Interface Design for iOS 7 Games: Insight into how the best iOS games are designed for touch, follow iOS conventions, teach new players basic game mechanics and objectives, and maximize enjoyment.
● What’s New in iOS User Interface Design: Introduction of the design principles and key characteristics of iOS 7.
● Best Practices for Great iOS UI Design: Principals for designing great interfaces and techniques to avoid common UI pitfalls.
● iPhoto for iOS: UI Progression and Animation Design: An in-depth look at the design process for iPhoto for iOS.
Guidelines and Documentation
● iOS Human Interface Guidelines: Get detailed recommendations for great interface design and how to create a quality user experience for your iOS app.
● UI Design Dos and Dont's: Learn about basic design principles and elements of a well designed app.
● UIKit User Interface Catalog: Find the elements used in Interface Builder to build an iOS app interface.
● iOS 7 Transition Guide: Learn how to update your existing app interface design for iOS 7.
● OS X Human Interface Guidelines: Understand the guidelines and principles for designing an outstanding UI and user experience for your Mac app.
The documentation can be read by anyone; however, the videos require a developer account.