Crittercism gathered performance data to share the 'first-ever' mobile experience benchmark report. The report uses data from Crittercism customers actively optimizing their app performance. App performance across un-optimized applications is expected to be worse.
● iOS 7.1 had the lowest crash rate
● iPhone 5 crashes least
● Apps on iPhones are more stable than iPads
● Older iPads crash more
● iOS 6 crashed 2.5% of the time
● iOS 7 crashed 2.1% of the time
● iOS 7.1 is the most stable with a 1.6% crash rate
● Gingerbread has the highest crash rate
● Samsung owns the top spots for both Android phones and tablets stability
● Android tablets have worse crash rates than Android phones
● Apps on Gingerbread crashed 1.7% of the time
● KitKat, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean crashed 0.7% of the time besting any iOS version tested.
Notably, the gaming category of apps crashed way more than any other category. Gaming apps had a crash rate of 4.4% compared to 1.8% for media apps, 1.4% for news and entertainment apps, 1.2% for business apps, 0.6% for social apps, and 0.4% for ecommerce apps.
Take a look at the charts below or hit the link for the full report.
Read More [via Beth]