Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
Superior writing experience:
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
• Music playing
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
Sync and Backup:
• Sync entries across all your iOS devices with Dropbox or iCloud (Mac sync with purchase of Mac app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
• Tweet entries
• Check-in with Foursquare
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
What's New In This Version:
- Publish now available on iPad. Publish enables you to handpick entries to share with family, friends, and the world. Publish creates an individual webpage on dayone.me for each entry you choose to publish. By default, you're the only one that will know the URL for each published entry. If you want to share entries with more people, you can post to social services like Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare on a per-entry basis. Each entry retains social sharing stats and links, including views, likes, and shares.
- Added ability to insert copied photos via "Paste from Clipboard" into photo entries.
- Added "Learn More" link in Publish action sheet.
Fullscreen mode is still available when reading entries. Simply double-tap the title bar.
- Improved deletion of entries in Timeline.
- Fixed Foursquare Place being replaced with GPS location.
- Fixed error when clicking Facebook share of a published entry.
- Fixed unresponsive Wrong Password dialog.
- Fixed error when authorizing sync via Dropbox's web client.
- Fixed bugs with deleting shares for a published entry.
- Fixed Publish authorizing via Twitter web client.
- Fixed app freezes related to "on startup" preferences.
- Modified header styles.
- Fixed various UI bugs.
You can purchase Day One (Journal / Diary) from the App Store for $4.99.