ABC News announced its debut on the Apple TV earlier today:
ABC News on Apple TV offers immediate access to live, multi-streaming video and on-demand content, entertainment news, live hourly updates, original programming and video highlights from “Good Morning America,” “World News with Diane Sawyer,” “Nightline,” “20/20,” and “This Week with George Stephanopoulos” 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. ABC News on Apple TV also delivers local news updates and video highlights from nine major market ABC television stations across the country, along with 50 years of historical video footage from ABC News’ archives.
ABC News Features:
● Constant Video: 24/7 access to live and on-demand video from an unrivaled lineup of ABC’s trusted anchors and correspondents. ABC News on Apple TV also features four separate live video streams allowing users to alternate between live events and breaking news throughout the day.
● Hourly Video Updates/4-5 Live Reports Per Day: ABC News on Apple TV delivers video updates on the hour and 4-5 live updates per day from ABC News correspondents and reporters around the world. From the Ukraine and Iraq to the World Cup in Brazil, ABC News’ powerhouse team keeps you informed on the latest headlines anytime you need a hit of news.
● Local Content: ABC News on Apple TV extends the local power of ABC News, featuring the best video content from nine ABC television stations, with others rolling out in the near future. Stations at launch include: WABC in New York, KABC in Los Angeles, WLS in Chicago, WPVI in Philadelphia, KGO in San Francisco, KTRK in Houston, WTVD in Raleigh, KFSN in Fresno and Hearst station WISN in Milwaukee. From extreme weather updates to breaking news, with just a click of a button, ABC News on Apple TV delivers up-to-the-minute local video content from the biggest markets across the country.
● Original Programming: Unlimited access to the best of ABC News programming and original video series.
● Editorially Curated Top Stories/Videos: From entertainment news and politics to original programming like ABC News’ “Second Tour” and GoodMorningAmerica.com’s “GMA Live,” Apple TV offers a editorially curated selection of the top stories and videos that are continuously updated throughout the day.
● ABC News Archives: Over 50 years of historical footage and video from the ABC News video archives. ABC News on Apple TV also features special sections such as “This Week in History” and “The Day in Pictures,” showcasing the best in historical video footage and photos from around the globe.
The "AOL On" network will reportedly add more than 900,000 videos to the Apple TV. Clips will be available from AOL itself, including Huffington Post, TechCrunch, and Nicole Richie vehicle "#Candidly Nicole"; as well as, from high-profile partners like ESPN and the New York Times.
PBS first launched on the Apple TV back in November. It's presence is now being expanded with a PBS Kids channel.
Willow TV, previously available for other iOS devices, brings live action cricket to the Apple TV for a monthly fee of $14.99.
Please follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or RSS for updates.