"Our phones should learn about us – our tastes, our social connections, and our preferences. And, using what they know, they should help us better explore the world around us. If you love vintage clothing, it should tell you that there is a hidden gem nearby. If you’re in a new city, it should tell you that your friend Katy highly recommends this hole-in-the-wall restaurant downtown. If you crave spicy food, it should advise which dishes you should order when you sit down for dinner.
We built the all-new Foursquare to realize this vision. The world is a beautiful place full of all sorts of amazing experiences, and our phones should help guide us to them. We’re releasing it today, and can’t wait for everyone to experience it."
• Tell Foursquare your favorite things and it gets to know you. Every search is tailored to your tastes, your past ratings, and picks from friends and experts you trust.
• Your tastes can be very specific like “whiskey” or “salted caramel.” Or more general like “outdoor seating” or “used bookstores.”
• Leave tips to share your best discoveries. Pay it forward and earn expertise.
• Search for restaurants, coffee, nightlife, shops, and more. See what’s nearby or plan ahead.
• When you arrive at a place, see insider tips: what’s good to order or something not to miss.
• Follow people and influencers whose tastes you trust, and their tips show first. Connect your Facebook and twitter accounts and see spots your friends have liked nearby.
Want to check in, you'll need to download Swarm.
You can download Foursquare from the App Store for free.