United Airlines is proud to offer the all-new United app, with an iOS 7-friendly design that is optimized for the iPhone and compatible with the iPad (look for an iPad App in 2014!). Offering features from flight booking to flight status and more, the United app is your indispensable travel companion.
● Mobile boarding pass card: Scan your mobile boarding pass directly from the app home screen for quick access.
● Travel assistant: As your trip gets closer, the travel assistant updates with your departure information, your seat assignment and your destination’s current weather.
● Flight status card: Once you subscribe for a flight notification, the flight status will appear as a home screen card, with direct access to expanded flight information.
● My reservations card: Eligible reservations update on the home screen within the 24-hour check-in period, giving you the option to check in directly from the card. You can also manually add your upcoming trips.
● United Club and one-time pass card: United Club members who sign in with their MileagePlus® account will see a digital membership card with a bar code for access to United Club locations. United Club one-time passes can also be accessed and purchased in the app.
● MileagePlus card: Display a digital version of your MileagePlus membership card.
● Enjoy mobile boarding pass storage with complete Passbook integration.
● Check in for flights, including international flights for eligible travelers.
● Select alternate flight options if there are significant flight delays or cancellations.
● Choose United Travel Options to enhance your experience: Purchase premium cabin or Economy Plus seating, or enjoy Premier Access.
● Flight booking:
● Book one-way, roundtrip and multi-segment travel.
● Book MileagePlus award travel.
● Purchase Economy Plus seating.
● Flight status:
● Access upgrade and standby lists.
● View seating options on the redesigned seat map.
● Get departure and arrival information.
● Find out where your flight is coming from and its current location.
● See inflight amenities.
● Receive flight status push notifications: Monitor a selected flight and receive automatic updates sent to your device.
● Reservation management:
● Add and view current United reservations.
● Automatically upgrade and receive upgrade information if you are an eligible Premier® member.
● Purchase Premier Access, Economy Plus seating and more.
● Add your flights directly to your calendar.
● MileagePlus account:
● View your Mileage Plus account and subscription information.
● See recent activity and statements.
● View flights, including current, past and canceled flights.
● Enroll in MileagePlus.
● Other helpful travel tools:
● View airport maps.
● See United Club locations and hours, and purchase one-time passes.
● Play Sudoku games.
● Share your reservations and check-ins with your social network and view our recent tweets.
What's New In This Version:
Trial Feature: Expanded International Check-In
We’re trialing a new feature to expedite international check-in and save you time. Please use the App Feedback link in the left-hand menu to send your comments.
● Customers can now use the United app to scan their passport for international check-in
● Upon check-in, verify your existing stored passport data (if already in our system) or scan your passport.
● Your device camera will be accessed, similar to many mobile banking deposit functions, and the scanned passport information will be verified for additional security. Once the image is validated (and if no other travel documents are required), you will be able to complete your check-in and receive your boarding pass, saving you time at the airport.
● There are no changes to airport checks and travel requirements: customers with international itineraries must carry all required documents (e.g. passports, visas), which must be valid and presented at the airport
Squashing more bugs—including a fix for those extra flight status cards. Thanks as always for your great feedback!
You can download United Airlines from the App Store for free.