Experience The Times’s award-winning journalism, elegantly designed with enhanced imagery and multimedia and streamlined navigation. The NYTimes app also includes our International Edition with global news and cultural content from our 50 bureaus around the world.
• Watch exclusive videos and browse our award-winning photographs
• Breaking news notifications - enable alerts about major developing stories, including custom notifications for Business, Politics, Sports and New York City
• In Case You Missed It - a collection of our most popular articles, tailored to your personal reading history
• Read the latest news with automatic background refresh
• Save articles to revisit later on any device
• Customize your sections list and add your favorite blogs for easy access
• Share articles, photos and videos through Facebook, Twitter, email, SMS and AirDrop
• NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps for $14.99 per month
• All Digital Access (including the NYTimes apps for iPhone and iPad + NYTimes.com) for $34.99 per month
• Times Premier (including All Digital Access) for $44.99 per month. Times Premier members also receive Times Insider blog access on the iOS apps, as well as web access to the Times Insider blog, Times Talks, TBooks, special Times crosswords and more.
All subscriptions also include:
- Unlimited access to NYTimes.com from any device
- Unlimited access to Today’s Paper web app from desktop and tablet
- Unlimited access to NYT Now — available now for download on the iPhone; $8/month value
- Unlimited access to NYT Opinion — available now for download on the iPhone; $6/month value
- Times Machine Archive — Browse full issues, including articles, photos and ads from the past; 100 articles per month
- What We’re Reading — Weekly guide to recommended reading on the web
What's New In This Version:
The world’s finest journalism is now ready for iOS 8.
• The latest news is just a swipe away. Add the New York Times widget in Notification Center for instant access to headlines.
• Start your day with the morning briefing, a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists. Available weekdays at 6 a.m. Eastern in Top Stories.
• Instantly read or share breaking news with interactive notifications. (Make sure notifications are enabled for NYTimes in the Settings app.)
• Start reading an article on one device and pick it up on another with Handoff.
• Ready for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Enjoy crisp, high-resolution photography and all of the extra space on your Retina HD screen.
• Content is now updated more frequently in the background, giving you access to news faster.
• Bug fixes and refinements for speed and stability, with more in the works.
You can download NYTimes from the App Store for free.