Get unlimited streaming of more than 40,000 movies and TV episodes at no additional cost with an Amazon Prime membership. You can also watch any video rented or purchased from the more than 200,000 titles available from Amazon Instant Video.
With Amazon Instant Video, you can:
• Stream thousands of Prime Instant Video titles at no additional cost with a Prime membership, or watch videos you’ve bought or rented from the Amazon Instant Video website.
• Download purchased and rented videos from Your Video Library for offline viewing on airplanes, road trips, or when a Wi-Fi connection is unavailable.
• Watch on your Apple TV using AirPlay (requires iOS 6 or later and Apple TV 2nd generation or later).
• Watch on your TV using HDMI and your Apple Digital AV Adapter (requires iOS 6 or later).
• Stream the first episode of selected TV shows for free. First Episode Free videos include advertising breaks before and during video playback (requires iOS 6 or later).
• Add videos to Your Watchlist from any Amazon Instant Video compatible device for later viewing on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
• Subscribe to a TV Pass by visiting the Amazon website. Your episodes will automatically be available in your Amazon Instant Video app the day after the show airs.
• Start watching on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, and resume watching right where you left off on a Kindle Fire HDX, Amazon Fire TV, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC, Mac, or hundreds of connected TV and Blu-ray player models with Amazon Whispersync.
The Amazon Instant Video app requires a Wi-Fi connection to stream videos. Streaming over a cellular connection isn’t supported, but you can watch your downloaded videos without a Wi-Fi connection.
What's New In This Version:
• New intelligent play button for TV seasons that will resume playback right where you’ve left off in the season.
• When tapping and scrolling to a different point in a video, you now see a small preview to help you find the scene you're looking for.
• Bug fixes and stability improvements for iOS 8 and iPhone 6.
NOTE: With the exception of bug fixes, all of the above require iOS 6 or later.
You can download Amazon Instant Video from the App Store for free.