How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS on OS 3.0.x Using RedSn0w (Windows)

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS on OS 3.0.x Using RedSn0w (Windows)

PAinguIN - July 5, 2011 at 6:58pm
I am not a Macintosh/Apple fan, I use Windows/Linux/Android. However, I bought an iPhone 3G 16GB for $50 from a friend. I've Jailbroken it but now I face two problems. Cydia tells me that there are some Essential Updates to download and install but when I confirm the installation none of the files download successfully. I get an error for each one then I'm taken back to the Cydia main page. Secondly, now that I'm Jailbroken, when I plug in my iPhone and open iTunes it asks me to Setup as New iPhone or Restore from Previous Backup, until I choose one of these options I can't sync my iPhone to my PC and/or copy music over etc. Why? How can I get by this? After these problems are resolved I need to unlock the iPhone but I can't move forward until the Cydia issues are fixed... Help!!! PAinguIN
Racybhavik - June 25, 2010 at 6:31am
I have 3GS with new bootrom. I have heard it can be jailbroken on 3.1.3 now. But there is no tutorial here!!!...Plz gimme link of a tutorial. Thank you!
brad - June 29, 2010 at 8:30am
Robin - January 14, 2010 at 2:12am
I bought a 3gs and I recieved it for 5 days ago, is it blocked against jailbreaking or what? I tried to jailbreak it but it wouldn\'t work, why is that?
Brad - January 14, 2010 at 9:33am
Try this. http://www.digitalmarketingtalk.com/iphone/how-to-unlock-your-iphone-5-11-07-baseband-using-blacksn0w/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=how-to-unlock-your-iphone-5-11-07-baseband-using-blacksn0w
Anton - December 19, 2009 at 3:12pm
Does this jailbreak method require a AT&T SIM card inserted in the phone? I\'m getting a locked iphone 3gs and need to unlock it. Thanks.
mud_apple - October 11, 2010 at 2:11am
same thing happen with mine, plz help ....
disappointed - November 9, 2009 at 10:15pm
this is bull crap i have tried this 3 times now and it does nothing - it says it is jail broken but no cydia! WTF??
Nothing - December 18, 2009 at 1:42am
MINE TOO! nothing happened after i jailbroken it..so freakin pissed
Brad - December 19, 2009 at 3:17pm
If you have gotten a 3gs within the past 3 months there is a new block and they cannot be unlocked. Not sure if this is your problem but figured I\'d let you know.
amanda - December 20, 2009 at 8:13am
Someone told me the new iphone3gs can\'t be jailbroken yet cause it will keep getting locked and that have to waiting for new programs? then how am i suppose to download bosspref to off EDGE? SOS
jack - November 4, 2009 at 4:42pm
hey i just used redsn0w to jb but when i browse for iPhone2_1_3.0.1_7A400_Restore.ipsw it says unable to recognize specified IPSW what is the solution??? i have a 3GS iphone with 3.0.1 frimware baseband 4.26.08 and i have never JB or unlcoked
Jeff - October 22, 2009 at 11:31am
Ok with the newest pwnage tool out it is now possible to jailbreak a 3GS with 3.1 FW installed? All I need now is a mac right?
Mike - October 21, 2009 at 11:30am
Everyone who is having problems with downloading the IPSW files.... Download FireFox web browser and use it instead of Internet Explorer. Makes all the difference in the world. Works great every time. No problems.
Brad - May 27, 2010 at 5:49pm
Okay I followed all the instructions to a tee and I have a 3GS with firmware 3.0.1 and when I tried to load the new iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw as it\'s extracting into my iPhone iTunes give me an error that reads \'The iPhone could not be restored. This device isn\'t eligible for the requested build. Any suggestions???
Ter11 - October 21, 2009 at 6:29am
Hi all can please someone confirm that it is safe to use this tutorial now that apple blocked restoring of old FW 3.0.x? So I just follow this tutorial WITHOUT first restoring to 3.0.1: I directly start with the jailbreaking-thing using redsn0w with FW 3.0.1 I installed on my so far non-jailbroken 3gs for weeks, ok? Thanks! Ter11
dan - October 19, 2009 at 10:19am
Hi, I have an iphone 3gs and was JB before but when the itunes 9 came it accedently upgraded to 3.1.2Fm and now I just cant unlock it, I did all I mean Blackra1n and then Cydia, and all goes ok, but then when I put my sim it says \" searching\" and then no network, so guys I really need help, what to do, am on windows vista, plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz thanks
Mike - October 21, 2009 at 11:05am
You will need to restore your iPhone to an earlier backup file. IE: Pre 3.1.2 then be sure to download the proper ISPW file according to your iPhone. http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750 Watch the video and follow the steps accordingly. FYI I have done several iPhones since the 3.1.2 update without any problems. I use the RedSnow software, it is the only one that I have found to be reliable. The others all have a problem. Such as your very problem. Torrent Client and Torrent Files that some use are not very stable. Try RedSnow and you should be ok.