Talk to friends in another language, even if neither of you can speak it! Slated translates while you type into your choice of over 80 languages! It can also translate what your friends send back to you in that language, instantly.
Slated is a keyboard extension - it can replace your keyboard in other apps, letting you converse in another language. And just by simply copying any text in that language, you'll see it translated back into yours. So you can and a friend can both type in a foreign language--even if it's foreign to both of you!
HOW TO INSTALL THE KEYBOARD:
1. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards
2. Add New Keyboard...
3. Choose Translation - Slated and enable Full Access*
Click here for help with How to Install a Third Party Keyboard in iOS 8.
HOW TO USE SLATED:
● From your normal keyboard, press and hold the bottom left button (usually a globe or smiley), and select Slated from the list
● Once visible, choose the language you want to translate to by tapping the ... button
● Type anything, and tap the translation that shows up to replace your text
● If you want to "reverse translate" text, just copy it and it will show up translated just above the keyboard buttons
Supported Languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
You can purchase Slated from the App Store for $2.99.
Read More [via TechCrunch]
[Video via iSpazio]