iOS 8.2 beta was the first firmware version to bring support for WatchKit. The third beta fixes some issues and brings some changes.
● The WKInterfaceMap API has changed. Specifically, setMapRect: and setCoordinateRegion: have been replaced by setVisibleMapRect: and setRegion: respectively.
● The WKInterfaceController method initWithContext: has been deprecated. Please use awakeWithContext: instead. The designated initializer for WKInterfaceController is now init.
● The WKInterfaceDevice API has changed. Specifically, addCachedImage:name: and addCachedImageWithData:name: now return BOOL to indicate the success or failure of adding an image to the cache. Note that these methods return NO if the cache size has reached its limit. Delete images from the cache by calling removeCachedImageWithName: or removeAllCachedImages.
● A page-based WatchKit app can dynamically resequence the pages at the root level using reloadRootControllersWithNames:contexts:.
● Rows in a WKInterfaceTable now have a default appearance. This appearance can be overridden by specifying the values for background color, margin, corner radius, and height for the row in Interface Builder.
Fixed in Beta 3:
● In iOS Simulator, the Emoji button should now be visible, regardless of the selected input mode.
● The WKInterfaceController method openParentApplication:reply: now launches the containing app in the background when the iPhone (or iOS Simulator) is unlocked or locked.
● The WKInterfaceController method presentTextInputControllerWithSuggestions:completion: is now fully supported in iOS Simulator.
● Inserting, deleting, or updating rows of a WKInterfaceTable may cause the table to temporarily size incorrectly. Scrolling your interface controller should restore the table to the proper size.
The new build is currently available for download from the iOS Dev Center.
Please follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or RSS for updates.