“We continued to take share from our competitors and attracted 8.3 million net customers in 2014 who were looking for value, simplicity and transparency,” said John Legere, President and CEO of T-Mobile. “While my competitors are hiding behind less valuable connected device subscriber additions and managing profit expectations to the downside, T-Mobile delivered over 2.1 million customers in Q4, while managing the balance between growth and profitability. Needless to say, 2014 was a record breaking year.”
Preliminary Full Year 2014 Customer Highlights:
● 8.3 million total net customer additions
● 4.9 million branded postpaid net customer additions
● 4.0 million branded postpaid phone net customer additions
● 265 million people now covered by the nation’s fastest 4G LTE network
Preliminary Fourth Quarter 2014 Customer Highlights:
● 2.1 million total net customer additions
● 1.3 million branded postpaid net customer additions
● 1.0 million branded postpaid phone net customer additions
● 266,000 branded prepaid net customer additions
T-Mobile also saw positive postpaid porting ratios of 1.4 versus Verizon, 1.8 versus AT&T, and 2.2 versus Sprint, indicating that T-Mobile is taking shares from the three largest U.S. carriers. “Porting ratios have been in our favor vs. the competition for seven consecutive quarters and it looks like we will continue to beat everyone on total postpaid phone adds as well,” continued Legere. “We are not slowing down, and customers know it."
Have you jumped ship to T-Mobile recently?