The Places APIs for Android and iOS bridge the gap between simple geographic locations expressed as latitude and longitude, and how people associate location with a known place. For example, you wouldn’t tell someone you were born at 25.7918359,-80.2127959. You’d simply say, “I was born in Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, Florida.” The Places API brings the power of Google’s global places database into your app, providing more than 100 million places, like restaurants, local businesses, hotels, museums, and other attractions.
Key features include:
● Add a place picker: a drop-in UI widget that allows your users to specify a place
● Get the place where the user is right now
● Show detailed place information, including the place’s name, address, phone number, and website
● Use autocomplete to save your users time and frustration typing out place names, by automatically completing them as they type
● Make your app stand out by adding new places that are relevant to your users and seeing the places appear in Google's Places database
● Improve the map around you by reporting the presence of a device at a particular place.
To apply for the Places API for iOS beta program, hit the link below...