About a week an a half ago, TinyUmbrella was completely re-written from the ground up to support all current devices and iOS versions, including the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. In the past, TinyUmbrella was used to save SHSH blobs that could be used to downgrade your device and restore to a firmware that was jailbreakable.
Currently, saving your SHSH blobs is still "useless", but semaphore, says "I would not have updated TU if there wasn’t at least a moderately good reason to. So, no it is not useless to save them." He also revealed that he is working with iH8Sn0w on "an awesome exploit he discovered".
Semaphore has just announced a new beta (TU 188.8.131.52) that squashes some bugs. You can get it from the link below.
Here are some of the new features:
● Architecture detection – TinyUmbrella will now warn you if iTunes is a different architecture. This affects device detection. If TinyUmbrella and iTunes are not the same architecture, TinyUmbrella will not be able to detect your device
● Contention issues – I had some nasty race conditions revolving around startup and the handling of files. This has been fixed in the latest build
● SHSH ECID and Version detection – TinyUmbrella was failing to detect very old (3.x) SHSH formats. This resulted in -1.shshs. This has been fixed and the actual SHSHs found in those -1 files will be placed in their proper homes automatically.
● Longer TSS Fetch cooldown – This is important because if we hit the TSS servers too quickly, their flood detection will kick in and we will earn ourselves a nice temporary IP ban.
● Device Highlighting from SHSH table – When you select a signature in the table, the corresponding device is highlighted in the device tree.
● Many more bug fixes
Notably, an upcoming beta will enable on-device SHSH fetching. This means you will be able to save your SHSH blobs even if Apple has stopped signing the firmware.
● On-device SHSH fetching – Unfortunately due to the way this works, it will only happen for A7/A8 devices. IE if your device has a file located at /System/Library/Caches/apticket.der then TU will fetch it.
Please follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or RSS for updates.
Read More or Download