All the productivity you’ve come to expect from Microsoft in the simplest OS yet.
As you might have guessed, this an April Fools stunt; however, it's so elaborate that the app is in fact real and can be downloaded.
The Verge gave it a whirl and had this to say, "Just like the real MS-DOS, you navigate around by typing in DIR to list available apps and using the CD command to enter into directories. I must admit, it’s rather fun and nostalgic. If you manage to navigate to the programs folder there’s a camera.exe app that will let you take an ASCII or CGA selfie. There’s even a Rock Paper Scissors game that reminds you of the good old days of Sound Blaster sound cards and CGA, EGA, and VGA display settings with the help of Cortana. It’s all incredibly nerdy, which is probably why I begrudgingly love it. Just type WIN at any point and sit back and marvel at Windows 3.1."
Command to Try:
● COLOR: alter the MS-DOS appearance with a variety of colors
● DATE: display the date in case you forgot it’s April Fools’ Day
● VER: shows the current MS-DOS version
● FORMAT: use format c: and Cortana will save the day
● WIN: launch Windows 3.1
● A: type A: to try and access a floppy disk
● HELP: discover all the commands
If you've got a Windows Phone, give it a try and let us know what you think!