Finally, you can now share the link to a broadcast that you're watching right to Twitter. Periscope was acquired and launched by Twitter back in March.
Periscope lets you broadcast live video to the world. Going live will instantly notify your followers who can join, comment and send you hearts in real time. The more hearts you get, the higher they flutter on the screen.
● Replace: When your broadcast is over, you can make it available for replay so viewers can watch later. Viewers can replay your broadcast with comments and hearts to relive the full experience. Replays currently last 24 hours. You can delete your replay at any time.
● Private: If you want to broadcast to specific people, press the lock icon before going live and choose who you want to invite to your broadcast.
● Twitter: You can choose to share your Periscope broadcasts on Twitter by tapping the bird icon before you start broadcasting. When you go live, you’ll tweet a link so that your Twitter followers can watch on the web (or in the app)
● Manage Notifications: Periscope will suggest people for you to follow based on your Twitter network. You can always follow new people, or unfollow them if you don’t want to be notified when they go live. You can also adjust notification preferences in Periscope Settings (in Profile)
● Hearts: Periscope keeps track of how many hearts you get from your viewers. The more hearts, the higher you get in the “Most Loved” list.
What's New In This Version:
● New ‘Map’ section added to Periscope which lets you explore live broadcasts from around the world on a zoomable map. Tap ‘Map’ from the ‘Global’ section to access a live view of top location-enabled broadcasts from around the world.
● Replays are now instantly available - no need to wait for a replay to upload after broadcasting (you may still delete a replay from the ‘Home’ feed).
● You can now share the link to a broadcast you’re watching on Twitter.
● Periscope is now localized in 29 languages: English, Japanese, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Korean, Russian, Turkish, Portuguese, Dutch, Indonesian, Simplified Chinese, Danish, Finnish, Polish, Norwegian, Swedish, Thai, Arabic, Czech, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Malay, Romanian, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
You can download Periscope from the App Store for free.