Create beautiful videos on your iPhone or iPad with an entirely new way to shoot, edit and share. Introducing Vee.
“The important thing about (Vee) is it combines shooting video and editing in one seamless process,” Bettany tells BGR. “There are a lot of apps for editing video, a lot for shooting video, but we wanted to combine that in one place. You can work on a video project and add clips to it from the same screen without losing your place. Similar to Camera+, it gives people the ability to be creative and create more of a story, versus here’s a 5-second clip of something.”
Meinzer says that he was shooting videos and never watching them again. They would take up space in his camera roll and never get edited.
“We changed that with photos with Camera+ and made it so you could polish something easily from your phone and share it instantly. We wanted a way to share a story instead of just an individual clip. You never see a movie that’s just one shot going on forever. We wanted a way to do nice videos just to share with close friends and family, where the other well-done shooting apps were tied into social networks like Vine and Instagram and low-quality.”
Here's a look at some of the app's features...
• Shoot stunning videos •
Vee brings together shooting and editing, making it easy to capture and share life’s moments. Finally shooting video doesn’t mean a cluttered camera roll and a weekend lost to editing. You add clips to your video and work with them using simple, intuitive controls. You can work on multiple videos at once, and save to your camera roll or share it with the world when you’re ready.
• Tell a story •
With multiple clips you tell a story. With Vee you shoot clips and they add to your video’s timeline. You can then reorder, trim, adjust speed, and add filters to them. And you can just keep on shooting. You shoot and edit from the same screen.
• High Quality •
Vee doesn’t sacrifice any quality. You can shoot up to 1080p Full HD, and everything you shoot is 16:9 widescreen. Vee also lets you control the frame rate that you shoot; if you use a higher frame rate you can slow that down later to create awesome slow motion! Shoot up to 240fps on the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, 120fps on the iPhone 5S and iPad Air 2, 60fps on the iPhone 5, iPad Air and Retina iPad Mini, and enjoy a solid, familiar 30fps on your iPhone 4S and other iPads.
• Live Video Filters •
Vee includes 18 beautiful LIVE filters so you can treat your video with the crossed-process look with Crossed, or give it an easy going old-timey feel with Goodbye Kiss. With our in-app purchase filter packs you can add a touch of color from cities like Cape Town, Florence and NYC. Or go cinematic with Dreamscape or Noir.
● Speed - shoot at a high frame rate and then slow your clip down to create awesome slow motion. You can slow down an entire clip or choose a segment within it. What if you’ve had it with slow motion? In this get-things-done-yesterday world you can also speed things up. Up to 5 times in fact!
● Stabilizer – we use your device’s sensors to eliminate camera wobble. Your viewers will thank you. On the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus we also have a PRO stabilization mode. You have to see this to believe it, it’s like your phone is on rails!
● Soundtrack – sometimes you say something in a video you later regret. With Vee you can add a soundtrack to your video by picking a track from your iTunes library. You can control the mix with your video, so you can choose between blaring soundtrack, background music, or anything in between.
● Focus & exposure – you can choose focus and exposure points simply by touching the screen. Split your focus and exposure by using a second finger to get just the right shot.
● Grid – keep your horizons straight with our grid overlay.
● Ghost – can you say stop motion? With ghost you get a ghostly image of your last frame when you’re shooting, so you can line up the next shot.
● Light – because sometimes it’s dark.
If you shoot a masterpiece in a forest and nobody is around to see it, is it really a masterpiece?
With Vee you can share to all of your favourite services. We do something really special here too. Rather than having to wait while Vee exports your video, you can switch to another app and Vee will keep on in the background. Then when it’s done, it will start uploading in the background too.
Uploading in the background is great. But video files can be large, and it helps to know what’s happening! Vee shows you the status of your uploads, and allows you to cancel them too (just in case you ever need to). If you upload on WiFi we’ll stick to WiFi, so you won’t get unexpected bills. We’ll let you know if you do try to upload on cellular so you have peace of mind.
Vee can share at full resolution, so you don’t lose that 1080p quality. You can also choose the quality for some services, so you can get the right balance of file size and beauty.
You can purchase Vee for Video from the App Store for $1.99.