Today we're happy to announce that we've tagged a new stable release of ResearchKit, version 1.1. This new version includes multiple significant contributions:
● Audiometry active task (Shazino SAS)
● Reaction time active task (James Cox)
● Navigable Ordered Task (Ricardo Sánchez-Sáez)
● iPad support (Ricardo Sánchez-Sáez, Bruce Duncan, and others)
● Image Capture step (Bruce Duncan)
● Improved slider support (various contributors)
● plus various bug fixes and style improvements
Over the past few weeks these changes have had additional review for accessibility, and have been localized to all the languages iOS supports.
Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far. We're also very excited to see such a good pipeline of additional work coming along aiming toward the next version.
ResearchKit, announced a few months ago, is an open-source framework that provides medical and health researchers the tools needed to conduct medical studies. With ResearchKit ,doctors and scientists can gather more data frequently and more accurately from participants using iPhone apps.