iOS X El Capitan brings Metal to Mac, giving your apps unprecedented graphics and computing power. With Swift 2.0, you can write even better code thanks to advanced new features. New extensibility APIs let your apps work seamlessly with Photos and Safari.
This is a pre-release OS X v10.11 update. Developers can get the latest betas of OS X from the Mac App Store.
The OS X El Capitan Developer Beta supports the following Macs:
• iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
• MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
• MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
• Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
• MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
• Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
• Xserve (Early 2009)
If you have a beta version of OS X 10.11 installed, click Updates in the toolbar of the Mac App Store to download. If you do not have OS X 10.11 installed, hit the link below to get your download code.