Premis offers homeowners the convenience of unlocking and locking the door using Siri voice controls and best-in-class, patented security features, including SecureScreen and the latest version of Kwikset SmartKey security.
“Kwikset closely listens to feedback and monitors new technologies to develop products that meet consumer needs,” said Keith Brandon, Vice President of Residential Access Solutions, Kwikset. “Premis was specifically developed to work with Apple HomeKit, a simple and secure smart home technology we truly believe in and are excited to support.”
Keyless Entry Convenience with Premis
With an Apple TV (3rd generation or later) homeowners can remotely lock, unlock and check the status of Premis using Siri on their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Apple Watch in addition to a Kwikset iOS app. Homeowners can let others in while away, ensure the door is locked after leaving, or unlock the door upon coming home without fumbling for keys. Further, Premis works with all available HomeKit compatible accessories so that people can create integrated scenes such as lighting or heating the interior of the home by merely opening the front door.
Premis can hold up to 30 unique user codes at one time, allowing homeowners the ability to assign different codes to multiple guests through the app. Homeowners can use the app to schedule codes with specific day and time constraints, view lock status, check battery life and receive lock activity notifications.
Additional Product Features
● Advanced SmartKey Security: Premis features the latest version of the Kwikset patented SmartKey security
● SecureScreen Technology: Patent-pending SecureScreen technology helps prevent the problem of “smudge” attacks associated with touchscreen locks
● Sleek Design: Premis features a polished capacitive touchscreen design and white LED display that provides crisp, high-definition illumination. The significantly reduced interior size increases aesthetic appeal
● DIY Installation: Premis installs in minutes with no hard wiring required – a Phillips head screwdriver, four AA batteries and a ruler are all that’s needed to install the deadbolt
● Compatible Devices: Premis is compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch with iOS 9 or higher, and Apple Watch running watchOS 2.0 and higher
Premis will be available in 2016 at select retailers. Please follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or RSS for updates.