The company is rolling out a new app version for iOS 9 including 3D Touch support and a native app for Apple Watch:
TODOIST FOR iOS
● A COMPLETELY REBUILT APP
We went back to the start and rebuilt almost the entire Todoist for iOS codebase! You’ll definitely feel the difference. Your swipes will be swipier, your taps will be tappier, and overall everything in the app will be much smoother and faster. This rebuild also lays the foundation to build exciting new experiences on our Apple platforms in the future. Stay tuned.. ;)
● ADD A NEW DIMENSION TO YOUR PRODUCTIVITY
With our new version for iOS 9, you’ll have two brand-new 3D touch interactions:
1. Force touch the Todoist icon from your phone’s home screen to quickly add a task, or view your tasks for today or the next 7 Days.
2. Inside the app, force touch any URL in task names or comments to take a peek of the webpage without ever leaving the app.
● FIND ANY TASK OR PROJECT WITH SPOTLIGHT SEARCH
No more digging through projects and lists to find the information you need. Our new Spotlight search integration makes quickly finding any task or project a breeze. Simply swipe from top to bottom on your iOS home screen to open Spotlight. Type in your search query, and click on the result you want to instantly open it in the Todoist app.
● EXPERIENCE ZEN-LIKE FLOW WITH DEEP LINKING
With Deep Linking, any Todoist links you open will take you directly to that task, comment, or list view inside the Todoist app rather than opening Todoist in your mobile web browser.
● RESPOND TO COMMENTS WITHOUT ENTERING THE APP
Now you can respond to comments right from your notifications. No need to open the Todoist app at all. Just tap on the comment notification, jot down a quick response, and keep all your team’s projects moving along nicely.
● KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS FOR iOS
For everyone using an iPad with a keyboard, you can now take advantage of all of our keyboard shortcuts. Check out the full list of shortcuts: http://bit.ly/1U6BgCP
TODOIST FOR APPLE WATCH:
● TODOIST FOR APPLE WATCH IS NOW NATIVE!
- Enjoy infinitely faster loading times
- Use customizable Complications to see the number of tasks due today or your next upcoming task
- Time Travel with your Digital Crown to view your upcoming tasks with due dates and times
- Dictate replies to comments directly from your notifications
- View and manage your tasks offline, even without your phone nearby
You can download Todoist from the App Store for free.
TODOIST FOR MAC:
● Quick Add Shortcut meets Intelligent Input
The revamped Quick Add Shortcut – now powered by our Intelligent Input – lets you type in tasks with natural language deadlines (ex. every day at 4pm), priorities (ex. P1), labels (ex. @email), and projects (ex. #Apple Launch) without leaving the application you’re currently in. Whether you’re drafting an important message in Mail, crunching numbers in Excel, watching House of Cards or the latest documentary on Netflix, you can capture your tasks and ideas in a matter of seconds.
You can download Todoist from the Mac App Store for free.
TODOIST FOR SAFARI:
To add any website as a task simply click the Todoist logo at the top of your browser window. The Todoist Quick Add shortcut will appear, pre-filled with the website url and title in the task field. Add a due date, label, priority level, or project then hit “Enter”. Your task will be saved with a link back to the website so you can get right back to it when you’re ready.
You can also highlight text on any web page, two-finger tap to pull up the Safari context menu, and choose “Add to Todoist”. The highlighted text will appear as a task in your Todoist inbox with a link back to the original website.
- Save articles to read for later
- Save Amazon pages for gift ideas
- Save IMDB pages to a Movies list
- Save Google Docs for future reference
You can download Todoist for Safari from here.
Hit the link below for more details on the update...