Developed by OSSIC in San Diego, California, the OSSIC X headphone automatically measures the size of your head and shape of your ears. Using an adaptive algorithm it customizes audio playback for whomever is wearing the headphones. There are four drivers in each ear that can beam sound around your ear, allowing for accurate placement of sound within the 3D sphere around you. Combined with head tracking, sounds appear to come from outside your head and stay fixed in space, enabling a higher sense of acoustic presence.
The headphones will significantly enhance the audio experience for virtual reality, gaming, movies, and music.
OSSIC X FOR VIRTUAL REALITY
In virtual reality, sound is key. With accurate 3D sound we can give a sense of space and direct your attention to elements outside your field of view for a more immersive experience.
● Drastically improved sound localization
● Increased sense of presence
● Accurately render sound in any x,y,z coordinate in space
OSSIC X FOR GAMING
Having accurate sound in gaming can make or break the experience, allowing you to know what’s going on in the spaces of the game that you can’t see.
● Immerse yourself in the game
● Accurately position sounds for a competitive advantage
● Boomless mic for continued audio communication
OSSIC X FOR MOVIES
Imagine being able to watch any movie on the best speaker setup money can buy, from the comfort of your couch, bed, or anywhere.
● Enjoy any movie theater audio experience from wherever you are.
OSSIC X FOR MUSIC
OSSIC changes the way you listen to music. Imagine being able to listen to any song from your collection on the best speaker setup money can buy, or hear a concert from the best seats in your favorite concert hall.
● Replicate the ideal listening room or speaker setup.
● Hear your music exactly how the artist intended.
Ossic X has far surpassed its $100,000 funding goal on KickStarter reaching $1.7 million with 10 days left. You can pledge $249 to be one of the first to get the headphones. Notable, OSSIC raises 2.5 million it will equip the OSSIC X with Lightning connectivity and support.