“With four innovative operating systems and a new, intuitive programming language powering over 1 billion devices worldwide, there has never been a more exciting time to bring our developer community together,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “WWDC 2016 is going to be a landmark event for developers who are coding in Swift, and building apps and products for iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS. We can’t wait for everyone to join us — in San Francisco or through the live stream.”
Developers can apply for tickets via the WWDC website now through Friday, April 22 at 10am PDT. Tickets will be distributed through a random selection process and the winners will be notified by Monday, April 25 at 5pm PDT. Apple also plans to give away up to 350 WWDC Scholarships, which will give students and STEM organization the opportunity to earn a ticket and meet other developers across the globe. Apple will also provide travel assistance for up to 125 scholarship recipients.
WWDC 2016 activities include:
● over 1,000 Apple engineers supporting more than 150 hands-on labs and events to provide developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS technologies in their apps;
● access to the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS, and best practices for enhancing an app’s functionality, performance, quality and design;
● the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS developers from around the world — last year, 80 percent of developers attended for their first time, and in total, more than 70 countries were represented;
● a series of get-togethers for attendees focused on particular topics with special guest speakers and activities;
● engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with trailblazers and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment; and
● the Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV and Mac apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.
Apple plans to stream WWDC sessions through the WWDC website and app. The WWDC keynote will kickoff the event on Monday, June 13.
Please follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or RSS for updates.