The reports measure overall satisfaction with smartwatches among customers who purchased a smartwatch device within the past 12 months and satisfaction with fitness band trackers among customers who purchased a fitness band device within the past 12 months.
Each report examines satisfaction across 11 factors:
● Smartwatches (listed in order of importance): ease of use; comfort; battery life; phone features; price; strength/durability; display size; styling/appearance; reliability; apps available; and customer service
● Fitness band trackers (listed in order of importance): reliability; strength/durability; ease of use; battery life; price; variety of features; comfort; styling and appearance; display size; apps available; and customer service
Satisfaction is calculated on a 1,000-point scale.
Smartwatches Brand Satisfaction Rankings
● Apple (852) ranks highest in customer satisfaction with smartwatches and performs particularly well in comfort, styling/appearance and ease of use.
● Samsung (842) ranks second, performing well in customer service, display size and phone features.
● Overall customer satisfaction with smartwatches is 847.
● Overall, 19% of smartwatch customers indicate having experienced one or more problems, with the most common being battery charge not lasting long enough/battery not charging (29%); difficulties customizing (23%); and broken charger (22%).
● When customers experience one or more problems with their smartwatch, there is a significant 21-point drop in overall satisfaction.
Fitness Bands Brand Satisfaction Rankings
● Samsung (859) ranks highest in customer satisfaction with fitness bands and performs particularly well in comfort, reliability and ease of use.
● Garmin (836) ranks second, performing well in four factors: customer service, ease of use, strength/durability and reliability.
● Overall customer satisfaction with fitness band devices across all brands is 829.
● Online shopping websites (43%) and recommendations from friends/family (41%) are the two key sources of information used when selecting a fitness band device.
● The reasons most often cited by customers as their main consideration when they selected their current fitness band device are ease of use (48%), price (40%), brand reputation (38%) and positive reviews (36%).