Users can tell Siri on Apple TV (4th generation) "Watch CBS News" to immediately launch the new CBS News app and start the full-screen, CBSN live stream with no authentication required.
"Our Apple TV app represents the future of how viewers will consume and interact with video," Christy Tanner, senior vice president and general manager of CBS News Digital, said. "We are taking advantage of the platform's cutting-edge, interactive technology to offer a customizable experience."
"The CBS News app on Apple TV delivers the full breadth of our original reporting and live, anchored streaming coverage combined with a layer of editorial curation, giving news consumers unprecedented flexibility and access to the stories they care about," Nancy Lane, senior executive producer of CBS News Digital, said.
• Your news on your schedule: Save and bookmark videos, topics and shows to watch later
• Move us to your Top Shelf for instant access to the day’s top news
• Explore custom playlists curated for you by our editors
• Fewer screens, more video: Elegant navigation and voice search make it easier to find what you’re looking for
• Browse and watch: Swipe up at any time on your remote to discover related video
• Enjoy even more free on-demand video from CBS Evening News, CBS This Morning, 60 Minutes, 48 Hours, Face the Nation and Sunday Morning
What's New In This Version:
Fully redesigned for tvOS
• New, elegant UI
• Bookmark feature
• Top shelf integration
• Editorially-curated playlists
You can download CBS News from the App Store for free.