Square Register — the company’s point of sale app used by merchants to manage their inventory, make invoices and take payments from customers — has quietly started to allow users to make payments in the UK, in UK pounds. It provides evidence that Square, founded back in 2009, may finally, quietly be starting to turn on its first services in Europe, and specifically the UK, to take on rivals like iZettle, SumUp and Paypal, and expand beyond Square’s existing footprint in the U.S., Canada, Japan and Australia.
Square Register is a point-of-sale app that accepts debit and credit cards, EMV chip cards, and Apple Pay with a Square magstripe reader, Square contactless and chip reader, or Square Stand. Funds are deposited into your bank account in one to two business days.
Square Register has everything you need to start, run, and grow your business from your iOS device. Get the latest processing features for your merchant terminal with regular app updates.
- Accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and AMEX
- Customers pay, tip, and sign right on your device
- Record cash, gift cards, and other forms of tender
- Send and track invoices from your device
- Customize your products with photos, names, and prices
- Send receipts via email or text message
- Apply discounts and issue refunds
- Access real-time sales data and complete sales history
- Track inventory in real time
- Connect to a receipt printer, kitchen ticket printer, bar code scanner, and cash drawer
You can download Square Register - Point of Sale (POS) for iPhone and iPad from the App Store for free.