Xcode includes everything developers need to create great applications for Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Apple Watch. Xcode provides developers a unified workflow for user interface design, coding, testing, and debugging. The Xcode IDE combined with the Swift programming language make developing apps easier and more fun than ever before.
What's New In This Version:
Xcode 8 includes Swift 3, and SDKs for iOS 10, watchOS 3, tvOS 10, and macOS Sierra.
New in Xcode 8:
• Editor generates docs, highlights current line, supports color and image literals in .swift files, and completes image names
• App extensions enable third parties to add new capabilities to the source editor
• Code signing can be managed automatically or using custom settings
• Runtime issues show alerts to identify leaks, UI alignment problems, or race conditions using the thread sanitizer
• Memory debugger visualizes and navigates the map of relationships among your data and objects at runtime
• Interface Builder gives you pixel-perfect control and preview for each target device, and can edit at all zoom levels
• San Francisco Mono default coding font and new dark Civic theme
• Documentation viewer searches a unified reference library using fuzzy matching, available even when offline
• Accessibility improvements within Interface Builder and throughout the IDE
• Build Siri extensions, iMessage apps, and sticker packs for Messages in iOS 10
New in Swift 3:
• Swift-enhanced API for Grand Central Dispatch and Core Graphics
• Uniform API style across all of Swift 3, including frameworks in the platform SDKs
• Playgrounds support for open source toolchains from Swift.org
• Xcode migrators help move your existing Swift code to Swift 3
• Swift 2.3 aids the transition to Swift 3 while providing access to the latest SDKs
You can download Xcode from the App Store for free.