The Series 2 looks all-but-identical to the newly rechristened "Series 1"—but is it the same on the inside? With added features such as built-in GPS, waterproofing, and a variety of new bands and cases, Apple's new wearable was destined for the teardown table.
● The adhesive is much stronger than what we found in the 2015 model. We assume this change is for the purpose of added water resistance.
● ZIF connectors in place of the awkward press connectors of yesteryear.
● Battery] is rated at 4.35 V and 273 mAh to yield a whopping 1.03 Whr of power.
● Noticeably larger Taptic Engine.
● Unlike the original Apple Watch's speaker—which would simply flood when underwater—this module is designed to fill with water, then vibrate to pump excess water from the body of the speaker.
● A (second!) microphone
Take a look at a few photos below and hit the link for the full teardown!