The new Google Pixel and Pixel XL are the first Daydream-ready phones; however, there are more on the way from other Android smartphone makers.
Daydream View is:
● Comfortable. Inspired by the clothes we enjoy wearing, the headset is made with soft, breathable fabric. It is 30% lighter than similar devices and is designed to fit over eyeglasses.
● Easy to use. Just drop in your Daydream-ready phone and you’ll be ready to go. The phone and headset have an auto-alignment system so you don’t have to worry about cables or connectors. A big part of what makes Daydream View special is the Daydream controller. This small yet powerful controller lets you interact with the virtual world the same way you do in the real world. It points where you point, and is packed with sensors to understand your movements and gestures. You can swing it like a bat or wave it like a wand. And it’s so precise that you can draw with it. The controller slides right inside the headset when not in use, so you don’t have to worry about losing it in your bag or between couch cushions.
● Yours. Daydream View is designed with choice in mind. The headset fits phones big or small, so it’ll work with any Daydream-ready phone you choose. And just like your clothes, the headset comes in different colors—Slate, Snow and Crimson—so you can choose the color that matches your style.
There is a wide range of experiences coming to Daydream:
● Enjoy the best of Google. We’ve brought some of the most popular Google apps into VR. With YouTube, you can watch the entire library of videos on a virtual big screen and experience immersive videos from creators like Buzzfeed, PrankvsPrank, Meredith Foster, CollegeHumor, Tastemade, UnboxTherapy and VSauce2. Use Google Street View to see curated tours of more than 100 of the world’s most amazing places like the Pyramids and the Taj Mahal, or just search to explore everywhere else. Google Play Movies makes tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes available in your own virtual theater. And Google Photos displays your 360° captures in a whole new way.
● Explore new worlds. Teleport from anywhere to pretty much everywhere with immersive stories and content from our partners, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World of “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,” as brought to life by Warner Bros.
● Kick back in your own persoal cinema. Experience sports, live events and more with MLB and NBA. Plus, you can watch top shows and movies on your own virtual big screen with Hulu, HBO and Netflix.
● Get in the game. Go from the sidelines to the center of action with dozens of titles, including Wonderglade, Gunjack 2, LEGO BrickHeadz, Mekorama, Need for Speed, EarthShape, Danger Goat, Home Run Derby and Hungry Shark World.
Daydream View arrives this November at the Google Store and retail partners across five countries:
● United States: Verizon, Best Buy; $79 (USD)
● Canada: Bell, Rogers, Telus, Best Buy; $99 (CAD)
● United Kingdom: EE, Carphone Warehouse; £69 (GBP)
● Germany: Deutsche Telekom; €69 (EUR)
● Australia: Telstra, JB Hi-Fi; $119 (AUD)
In the U.S., Daydream View will be available for pre-order starting October 20 at Verizon and the Google Store. Slate will be available in all countries at launch, and Snow and Crimson will be coming to the U.S., U.K. and Australia after. Sign up on the Google Store to get notified when Daydream View becomes available.