The image was created by stitching together three hundred and eighty 100MP photos taken from a Cessna 172 flying 2,000 ft above the ground. The camera used was a Phase One iXU RS1000 (100MP) with a Rodenstock 90mm lens.
It took about 30 minutes to capture all the photos needed. The original image size was 4.76 gigabytes and it contains 35,453 deep zoom tiles.
● Image dimensions: 34,111 pixels wide by 49,487 pixels tall (1.7 gigapixels)
● Camera: Phase One iXU RS1000 (100MP) with Rodenstock 90mm lens
● Aircraft: Cessna 172 @ 2,000 ft. altitude
● GSD (ground sample distance): 3 cm/pixel
● Area covered: approx 0.5 square mile
● Time needed to acquire all imagery: approx. 30 minutes
● Number of 100MP images used: approx. 380
● Original Image Size: 4.76 gigabytes
● Number of Deep Zoom tiles: 35,453
● Sample JPG Image: 27MB, 3,500 x 5,408 pixels
To explore and zoom into the image, hit the link below! You may also want to check out these aerial videos of Apple Campus 2.