The day before the phone wouldn't turn on. It was taken Apple for troubleshooting where employees ran diagnostic tests and determined that everything was fine.
"The next morning I was asleep with my phone charging next to my head, my boyfriend grabbed the phone and put it on the dresser," she said via a direct message on Twitter. "He went the the [sic] restroom ... and from the corner of his eye he saw my phone steaming and [heard] a squealing noise. By the time he got over to the phone it had already caught fire, he quickly grabbed the phone and threw it in the restroom ... as soon as he threw it in the restroom is [sic] blew up and more smoke started coming out of the phone."
The phone has since been turned over to Apple. They are conducting tests on the device and expect to know more within a week. "We are in touch with the customer and looking into it," said an Apple spokesperson.
Take a look at the video below...
Read More [via Mashable]