Xfinity Mobile benefits customers by bundling wireless service with Comcast’s other Xfinity experiences. With Xfinity Mobile, customers only pay for the gigabytes they use, with the flexibility to easily switch back-and-forth between data options using the Xfinity Mobile app at no cost.
"We’re doing mobile differently by bringing our customers the best networks and a product designed to save them money in an increasingly data-driven world," said Greg Butz, president of Comcast Mobile. "Mobility is more important than ever to consumers, so we’ve designed Xfinity Mobile the way mobile should be – a simple solution for internet and entertainment in and out of the home."
Here's a look at the features Comcast has announced...
● No Line Access Fees
Get up to five lines automatically included when you add Xfinity Mobile to your Xfinity Internet service, with no line access fees, unlimited talk and text, and your first 100 MB of shared 4G LTE data included – all at no extra cost.
● Pay for Only the Gigabytes (GB) You Use
The end of the data bucket is near with two straightforward data options available that will save most Xfinity Internet customers money when they add Xfinity Mobile:
○ Unlimited – Consume all the cellular data you want for one set price for up to five lines.2 $65 per line on up to five lines with no usage limits, or $45 per line for our customers with our best X1 packages.
○ By the Gig – $12 per GB of cellular data across all lines on an account each month. Seventy percent of U.S. wireless customers use less than 5 GB of cellular data per month3, so families can share their data across devices and will only pay for what they use.
○ Flexibility – Families can mix-and-match on an account so that each person can choose the way to pay for data that makes sense for them.
○ No Penalties – Easily switch back-and-forth between data options at no cost. If customers find that they’ve used more data on a "By the Gig" option one month, they can switch to "Unlimited" for that month, then switch back the next month with no penalties.
● Simpler Solution for Entertainment and Internet
○ Take the friction out of connecting to Wi-Fi by auto-connecting to Comcast’s millions of Xfinity WiFi hotspots and finding the best internet connection at home.
○ When using Xfinity Mobile, you’re already signed into your other Xfinity apps – whether it’s watching up to 200 live TV channels and 40,000 On Demand movies and shows with the Xfinity Stream app, or controlling your home devices from the road with the Xfinity Home app.
● Digital-First Experience
○ An intuitive click-and-buy online experience that is credit card billed so customers never forget a payment.
○ 24x7 customer support via text message – designed to support the way customers use their smartphones today.
○ Use the Xfinity Mobile app to view your data use and call logs in real time, manage payment options, switch back-and-forth between data options, order a new device or add additional lines.
○ 24x7 support available from a dedicated Xfinity Mobile call center support team, available to assist with any questions.
Xfinity Mobile will offer popular devices including the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone SE. You can sign up at the link below to be notified when Xfinity Mobile becomes available.