Analyst: Apple May Be Forced to Drop Touch ID From iPhone 8

Analyst: Apple May Be Forced to Drop Touch ID From iPhone 8

Chip - April 18, 2017 at 7:08pm
It's time for Apple to stop being so greedy in reheating a phone ready year move it to 2 years that should be more than enough time to see something worthy not these small upgrades.
odedo1 - April 18, 2017 at 9:43am
I was so sure that problems will appear with the new screen and I also wonder if Apple managed to add force touch on the OLED Screen because if it was so easy then Samsung would already have copied it. About fingerprint sensor, if Apple won't be able to solve it there are other options like on the back of the phone or on the On/Off-Sleep/Awake button, one thing for sure Apple is in trouble promising before having a working model.
Chris - April 18, 2017 at 9:57am
The S8 does have force-sensing capabilities. Samsung just doesn't appear to have done much with it.
Great! - April 18, 2017 at 4:26pm
What did Apple promise?
Dump & Trumper - April 18, 2017 at 8:32am
Fake news!
D4xM4Nx - April 18, 2017 at 7:42am
OMG dat drama!! Let's wait till the actual iPhone comes out to know for sure. While Apple may be facing real problems or not, they'll iron out the kinks when the time is right.
Apppppplllllleeeeee - April 18, 2017 at 4:16am
Apple, Please don't remove Touch ID.
samIAMGREENEGGSHAM - April 17, 2017 at 10:41pm
hahahah __APPLE FILES FOR PAT LONG TIME AGO FOR TOUCH ID INTERGRATION UNDER THE GLASS SO FOR ALL YOU READING HAHA APPLE GOT IT UNDER CONTROL DONT EVEN TRIP GOOGLE IT I MEMBER SEEING THE STUPID PAT ID POST ON HERE AWHILE BACK TOO STUPID IC SHOULD HAVE LINKED THAT PAT DIAGRAM TO THIS ARTICLE I BET IT WOULD BE A CUT AWAY UNDER THE LCD AND THE TOUCH ID ITSELF WOULD BE DARK OR HAVE A DIFFUSER NEAR THE BOTTOM SO YOU WOULDNT SEE A NITS BRIGHTNESS CHANGE ...THINK MIRROR THEY USE A REFLECTIVE COATING ON BACK TAKE THE COATING OFF PUT SENSOR BEHIND GLASS MAKE THE LCD WHITE IN THAT AREA SO SENSOR CAN READ THRU THE PIXELS WHATEVER APPLE FIGURE THE S8767HIT OUT BITS**&
Your_Mother's_Dick - April 17, 2017 at 11:22pm
Translation please. I do not speak Jovian.
Vida - April 17, 2017 at 8:10pm
This post is kind of funny and ridiculously at the same time.
Dub Dublin - April 17, 2017 at 7:54pm
Oh, come on, TouchID is NOT a show-stopper by any means, and in fact, as an owner of both a new iPhone with TouchID (my first, since I finally killed my old 4s) and a Surface Pro 4 with Windows Hello (IR camera), I can tell you that the technologies are roughly neck-and-neck right now, but Hello is far less obtrusive. That said, with a small amount of tweaking for shorter cycle times, the Win Hello system would be clearly superior - its recognition accuracy and failure rates are better than what I'm seeing with the increasingly annoying TouchID. (Really, I just wish I could get back to swipe-to-use...) I'm sure Apple can build IR face recognition using cutting edge parts and technology that's at least as good as what Microsoft fielded years ago. If TouchID dies, it sure won't bother me any, it's one of Apple's weakest features...
Great! - April 18, 2017 at 4:28pm
Just disable Touch ID and disable password. Then you can use your phone without any hassle.
Neolm09 - April 17, 2017 at 7:41pm
Why are you doing this iC ?, sometimes under the screen and sometimes on the back and then there's none
Fabian Torres - April 17, 2017 at 7:40pm
I don't see why they can't implment touch ID on the sleep/wake button like some android smartphones, or on the back, so long as its not protruding and its concave so it doesn't get scratched. If this iPhone doesn't launch with Touch ID, simply-put, its probably not gonna leave a good taste on people, unless they implement face recognition or something that allows the user to get into their phone securely, fast, and hassle-free.