Apple Pay users will be able to make and receive payments with friends and family quickly, easily and securely. They can send money and get paid right in Messages, or tell Siri to pay someone, using the credit and debit cards they already have in Wallet. When users get paid, they receive the money in their new Apple Pay Cash account. They can use the money instantly to send to someone, make purchases using Apple Pay in stores, apps and on the web, or transfer it from Apple Pay Cash to their bank account.
As you can see in the code below, there are numerous references to capturing your Photo ID and sending it to Apple for verification.
● "Has the information on the front of your photo ID been captured clearly?"
● "Verify your personal information to continue sending and receiving payments in Messages."
● "Verify your identity to continue to use Apple Pay Cash"
The service will support both credit and debit cards. You can also add your Bank Account.
● "Add a debit or credit card to add money to your Apple Pay Cash card."
Interestingly, Apple says the service works best with a debit card.
● "Apple Pay Cash works best with a Debit Card."
After your virtual card is generated, you'll get a four digit PIN to be used if extra authentication is required to complete a transaction.
There's also references to a Peer Payment Transfer Fee. Check out the screenshots for more details.