Control Center provides quick access to toggles, shortcuts, and other controls. You can launch Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of your screen.
To customize the controls that appear, follow the steps below...
Tap to launch Settings from your SpringBoard
Select Control Center from the Settings menu
Tap Customize Controls
By default Control Center displays the Flashlight, Timer, Calculator, and Camera controls.
You can press the red delete button to remove any previously selected controls or press the green add button to display controls for Accessibility Shortcuts, Alarm, Apple TV Remote, Do Not Disturb While Driving, Guided Access, Home, Low Power Mode, Magnifier, Notes, Screen Recording, Stopwatch, Text Size, Voice Memos, or Wallet. You can use the handle at the right side of each row to rearrange controls.
Swipe up from the bottom of the display to view your customized Control Center. Note that hard press on select controls will bring up additional functionality.
Check out the full list of controls and their functionality below and please follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or RSS for more Apple news, videos, and tutorials.
Control with a tap
Tap the following apps and settings to quickly turn on, use, or adjust.
● Alarm: Tap to set an alarm to wake up.
● Brightness: Drag the brightness control up or down to adjust the brightness of your display.
● Calculator:* Use the standard calculator to quickly calculate numbers or rotate your device to use the scientific calculator for more advanced functions.
● Do Not Disturb: Quickly silence calls, alerts, and notifications that you receive on your device.
● Do Not Disturb While Driving:* iPhone can sense when you might be driving and will silence calls, text messages, and notifications. People trying to reach you are notified that you’re driving.
● Guided Access: Use Guided Access to limit your device to a single app and control which app features are available to use.
● Low Power Mode:* Switch to Low Power Mode when your iPhone battery is low or when you don’t have access to electrical power.
● Magnifier: Turn your iPhone into a magnifying glass so you can zoom in on objects near you.
● Rotation Lock: Keep your screen from rotating when you move your device.
● Silent Mode:* Quickly mute a song, movie, and more with just a tap.
● Stopwatch: Measure the duration of an event and track lap times.
● Text Size: Tap, then drag the slider up or down to make the text on your device larger or smaller.
● Voice Memos:* Create a voice memo with your device's built-in microphone.
● Volume: Drag the volume control up or down to adjust the volume for the ringer, alerts, and other sound effects.
*Calculator and Voice Memos are available on iPhone and iPod touch only. Do Not Disturb While Driving and Low Power Mode are available on iPhone only. Silent Mode is available on iPad and iPod touch only.
Press to control more
On iPhone 6s and later, you can press deeply on the following apps and settings to see more controls. If you have an iPhone 6 or earlier, iPad, or iPod touch, touch and hold the following apps to see more controls.
● Accessibility Shortcuts: Quickly turn on accessibility features, like AssistiveTouch, Switch Control, VoiceOver, and more.
● Apple TV Remote: Control your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation) with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
● Camera: Quickly take a picture, a selfie, or record video.
● Flashlight:* Turn the LED flash on your camera into a flashlight. Press deeply or touch and hold the flashlight to adjust the brightness.
● Hearing Aids: Pair or unpair your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your hearing aids.
● Home:* If you set up accessories in the Home app, you can control your favorite home devices and scenes.
● Night Shift: In the Brightness control, turn on Night Shift to adjust the colors in your display to the warmer end of the spectrum at night.
● Notes: Quickly capture an idea, create a checklist, sketch, and more.
● Screen Mirroring: Stream music, photos, and video wirelessly to Apple TV and other AirPlay-enabled devices. Learn what to do if you don't see AirPlay.
● Screen Recording: Tap to record your screen. Press deeply or touch and hold on Screen Recording and tap Microphone Audio to use your device's microphone to capture sound as you record.
● Timer: Drag the slider up or down to set the duration of time, then tap Start.
● True Tone:* In the Brightness control, you can turn on True Tone to automatically adjust the color and intensity of your display to match the light in your environment.
● Wallet:* Quickly access cards for Apple Pay or boarding passes, movie tickets, and more.
*Flashlight is available on iPhone, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), and iPod touch only. Home is available on iPhone and iPad only. True Tone is available on iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), and iPhone 8. Wallet is available on iPhone and iPod touch only.