Apple Will Perform $29 Battery Replacements for iPhone 6 or Higher, Regardless of Battery Health

Susan Franke - January 4, 2018 at 10:23pm
I wouldn't trust an Apple store to actually replace it. You can't watch. I think they will just charge the fee and leave the old one in.
D4xM4Nx - January 3, 2018 at 6:32am
According on Apple's statement about battery replacements, now all Apple stores have been informed to approve services regardless of battery status... now if this is real or not, who knows. Not gonna waste my time driving for 2-3 hours to the only Apple Store here in Santa Fé to have the service denied, might as well f*ck Apple with a class action lawsuit on my own.
AHK - January 3, 2018 at 4:43am
Apple store ,Dubai, diagnosed two iPhone 6 for me. They want around 400 dollars to replace one completely although it’s battery was perfectly healthy they claim. It’s bent and therefore needs replacement. I tried to explain that my phones were very slow and their batteries are being drained very quickly. They don’t listen. Young Apple employees with apparently very limited training are passing judgment and mostly rejecting replacing flawed batteries. This is how Apple is meeting it’s commitment to deal with it’s unprofessional conduct to dwarf older phones and drive the sales of newer phones. Please forget about having your older phones diagnosed and rather join the class action lawsuits.
Arash Apple - January 2, 2018 at 5:52pm
I was in BestBuy (in San Jose, CA) 2 days ago and Apple contractor from that store diagnosed the battery and he said it looks normal and since it's not showing any failure we are not changing battery. I'm not sure about Apple stores yet.
Aneda Toke - January 3, 2018 at 11:21pm
Download "Battery Life" app and check the wear status on it. I just did it with my coworker and his lost 3% in the last year he's had his phone. My neighbour's iPhone 6 from a few years ago lost 9% of the total capacity. Use the app to check yours. I replaced my own iPhone 5 battery in August from a 3rd party seller and it's the best replacement battery I found for that phone over the last 4 years of changing it. I paid $20CDN no tax and I took the 5 minutes to install it.
PharmaYoshi - January 2, 2018 at 5:00pm
Can you link to the memo if it is online sometime?
drigo marki - January 2, 2018 at 4:26pm
To lose jailbreak? No thanks. My battery is just fine.
Apple’s deception - January 2, 2018 at 3:50pm
Before you get your battery replacement, they will ask you to update to their current iOS or it’s a no go. Read their contract paper before you pay and sign it.