Get the Amazon Go app to shop at Amazon Go, a new kind of store in Seattle featuring Just Walk Out Shopping. No lines, no checkout—just grab and go!
How it Works:
• Download the Amazon Go app and sign in before you visit the store. Use the app to enter, then shop and browse as you normally would.
• When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll send you a receipt and charge your Amazon account.
What We Sell:
• We offer delicious ready-to-eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack options made by our chefs and favorite local kitchens and bakeries.
• We also have a selection of grocery essentials, from staples like bread and milk to artisan cheeses and locally made chocolates.
• For a quick home-cooked dinner, pick up one of our chef-designed Amazon Meal Kits, with all the ingredients you need to make a meal for two in about 30 minutes.
The store relies on cameras and sensors to track shoppers and items that are removed from shelves. Customers are billed after they leave the store using their credit card on file.
Only Amazon employees were able to shop at store when in first opened on December 5, 2016. The company expected to open to the public in early 2017; however, there were challenges. A source tells Reuters that those included correctly identifying shoppers with similar body types and havoc caused by children who moved items to incorrect places.
Gianna Puerini, vice president of Amazon Go, said that the store worked well in the test phase due to a four years of prior legwork. “This technology didn’t exist,” Puerini said, walking through the Seattle store. “It was really advancing the state of the art of computer vision and machine learning.”
Amazon recently acquired Whole Foods but has not yet announced plans to implement this technology in those stores.
Check out the videos below for more details! You can download Amazon Go from the App Store for free.