Jason Colon was listening to a dance mix at the LA Fitness on 4th Street in St. Petersburg when he noticed something strange. "I saw white smoke start billowing out," he said. He left the AirPod on a piece of workout equipment to get help. When he returned the right side was blown apart and charred.
“It was already like this. It was already popped. I didn’t see it happen, but I mean, it was already fried! You can see flame damage,” Colon said.
“I don’t know what would’ve happened to my ear,” Colon said. “But I’m sure since it hangs down, it could’ve been [my] ear lobe. Ear lobe could’ve been burnt.”
“It’s the craziest thing I ever went through,” Colon said.
An Apple spokeswoman tells 8 On Your Side that the company is investigating and will reach out to Colon.
Take a look at the video below for more details...