"The iPad App of the Year just got even better! We've added some great new features in the latest free update, out now. Plus, buy Affinity Photo for iPad and for a limited time get three bonus content packs!"
Affinity Photo is the first fully featured, truly professional photo editing tool for iPad - built from exactly the same back-end as our award-winning desktop version and fully optimised to harness the power of iPad’s hardware and touch capabilities. Photo for iPad offers an incredibly fast, powerful and immersive experience whether you are at home, in the studio, or on the move. With meticulous attention to detail each tool, panel and control has been completely reimagined for touch. All rendering, adjustments, brushes and filters have been fully hardware accelerated using Metal. The result is an all-new way to interact with your images, with performance you will find hard to believe.
What's New In This Version:
● Brand new shadows / highlights algorithm in Develop.
● Brand new clarity algorithm in Develop.
● Now fully supports open-in-place - including saving back directly to the original location.
● New “Import from Camera” - supporting RAW and automatic HDR bracketed merge. Has fancy histograms and scopes.
● New ability to install custom fonts in preferences.
● New “Average Blur” filter.
● New “Solo” layer option in layer properties panel.
● New preferences option to show touches - good for screen recording.
● Added the “Median Brush” tool.
● Added ability to export brushes.
● Added ability to both import and export styles.
● Added option in preferences to cache screen updates - you will see much less pixelation when painting etc. - but it uses more memory.
● Added transparent TGA import support.
● Adjustments panel now has an option to show a simple list (by popular request).
● Overhaul of pencil / touch input mechanism - this enabled much needed functionality such as long pressing with Apple Pencil to pick colours in brush tools, etc.
● Apple Pencil can now dismiss flyouts without passing a tap through.
● Further performance improvements in develop persona.
● Preferences option to choose default storage location.
● Improved support for the dropping of files into an open document.
● Bitmap fills are now available on vector objects.
● Can now rotate image in Develop.
● Pasting now keeps things in the right place.
● Maximum / minimum filters now obey the current channels properly.
● Brush scatter works properly when controller is “random”.
● Improved angle / tilt support for Apple Pencil.
● Handle vertical panoramas better.
● Improved crop tool behaviour when using ratios.
● Improved retouching tools in 32bit mode.
● Improvements to selection refinement.
● Improved TIFF support.
● Channels page improvements / fixes.
● “Save a copy” stability improvements.
● Ability to clear history.
● New “Constrain” modifier button for Depth of Field tool.
● Snapping candidates can now be selected by hovering over them whilst in a drag.
● All colour flyouts now have a built in colour picker.
● Increased the maximum undo stack size.
● OpenType improvements.
● Added “Undo” to the two-finger-tap context menu.
● Improved input smoothing for all tools.
● Improved behaviour when trying to move small layers (ie. avoid inadvertent resizes).
● Improved text tool UI.
● Moved spelling suggestions to context menu.
● Creating stacks from RAW files now works more correctly.
● Improved Perlin Noise filter.
● PSD, PDF import / export improvements.
● Help improvements.
● Fixed transform studio aspect ratio lock.
● Fixed some HDR merge crashes.
● Fixed multiply blend mode in 32bit documents.
● Fixed marching ants disappearing when canvas is rotated.
● Fixed issues with “Direction” brush controller.
● Fixed colour picker appearing too easily in paint brush tool.
● Fixed long press being too short in some tools.
● Fixed HEIF import from Photos app.
● Fixed issue where stray colour picker loupe could remain after switching tools.
● Fixed incorrect DPI limit in resize tool.
● Fixed inability to export liquify meshes.
● Numerous other fixes and stability improvements.
Additionally, if you purchase Affinity Photo now you'll get the Luminance - Brush Pack, Studio Retouch - Brush Pack, and Live Filters - Macro Pack for free. More details on those here.
You can purchase Affinity Photo from the App Store for $19.99.