iPhone 6s Performance Before and After Battery Swap [Video]

iPhone 6s Performance Before and After Battery Swap [Video]

J23 - March 8, 2018 at 12:50am
You can get Apple to test your battery over WiFi. That way you will have some idea of the status before looking to replace. I did that and did not need to replace the battery
D4xM4Nx - March 7, 2018 at 10:54am
For all to know: All aftermarket batteries aren't OEM (even iFixit while theirs is a good one), the only way to get a legit battery is either via an AASP, or an Apple Store. Risks using non-OEM batteries are real: explosions, catching fire or destroying the power management chip. If you're jailbroken, make your case very clear to them and do some research, your mileage may vary. As a suggestion: have a backup on iTunes done first, then run Cydia Eraser, that wipes everything and keeps your current iOS - once done, reinstall the Apple TV beta profile to stop the OTA daemon. If you didn't play with system files, Eraser takes no further than 5 minutes to complete :)
@6italia0 - March 6, 2018 at 7:37pm
I installed a new battery in my iPhone 6 and it did show improvement right after and battery life did improve, but then within a few days performance degraded and the phone struggles to keep up with regular typing in most applications. It doesn’t randomly shut off hardly at all, but often does randomly crash the springboard when doing the most simple of functions in different apps. Maybe the software switch in 11.2 is broken and didn’t actually shut off my performance throttling? Idk but I guess all I can do is deal with it:/
asd - March 7, 2018 at 5:12am
go to dfu mode abd restore your iphone to clean one, that helped me to clear my phone
Neeraj - March 6, 2018 at 4:33pm
Does anyone know if this throttling even affected iPhone 5? I have an iPhone 5 and was wondering should I buy a new iPhone vs. upgrade the battery to see the performance?
A-non-e-moose - March 6, 2018 at 4:53pm
It’s the software updates that made the throttling more pronounced. If you didn’t update past iOS 10, you may be fine.
Neeraj - March 7, 2018 at 3:16am
Well my accidentally updated to latest iOS 11. Is there a way to downgrade it to 10?
Neeraj - March 7, 2018 at 3:16am
Also FYI my iPhone is not jail broken.
A-non-e-moose - March 7, 2018 at 2:07pm
Most likely not since Apple stopped serving for iOS 10
JD - March 6, 2018 at 4:25pm
The given links for battery purchase are for genuine or OEM batteries or duplicate or 1st copy?