Apple to Launch AirPower Wireless Charging Pad This Month [Report]

Apple to Launch AirPower Wireless Charging Pad This Month [Report]

Trent - March 15, 2018 at 1:27pm
I think we will pick up two; one for the kitchen where things get dropped off (and for guests to charge their devices) and in the home office where I spend most of my day. Being able to set the phone down and have it fully charged is great for those days when I need to get out. I have a new iPhone X and I start at about 5am each morning and the battery is totally gone by about 4pm. The price is steep but so is not having a charge at the end of the day to help my clients.
Ace - March 14, 2018 at 3:47pm
It’s not even available yet, it’s in the prototype stage. Which means no one knows if it’s ever going to come to market. Also the design blows. The phone can only be used in the very center. The innovative aspect of the Apple air charger is that any device can be placed anywhere on the surface.
Charger Loster - March 14, 2018 at 2:15pm
199 - wtf.
Ace - March 14, 2018 at 1:17am
This looks good but $200 is pretty ridic. No matter though, once it’s released there will be plenty of cheaper Chinese alternatives.
yeah but... - March 13, 2018 at 7:13pm
The problem with charging the Apple Watch on a pad is that it won't go into nightstand mode, which is very convenient at night, especially when you can just bump it lightly to make the display come on.
Buzzby - March 13, 2018 at 7:31pm
Here's to hoping we can prop the pad up and it would have something to keep the products on it from slipping off.
björn - March 13, 2018 at 10:54pm
shouldn‘t be a big problem for apple to implement this function when charged with AirPower
pghilard - March 14, 2018 at 9:43pm
One of the top features of WatchOS 4.3 is nightstand enabled in portrait mode. Once there is an easy way to have this charger stand up, problem solved.
Curtixman - March 13, 2018 at 7:02pm