iOS 12 changes the way iOS users see the world using AR, makes communications fun and expressive with Memoji and Group FaceTime, and with Screen Time, helps customers understand and take control of the time they spend interacting with their iOS devices. iOS 12 introduces Siri Shortcuts, enabling Siri to work with any app, delivering a much faster way to get things done.
New Features in Beta 2:
• Support for quantized models (≤ 8-bit linear and/or lookup table) • Support for flexible image sizes and multi-array shapes
• Batch prediction API
• Support for custom models
• Support for Create ML models (Vision Feature Print, Text Classifier, Word Tagger)
• TheNSURLSession HTTP/2 implementation has been updated to support HTTP/2 connection reuse per RFC 7540 Section 9.1.1. This requires an HTTP/2 server to present a certificate which covers more than one server hostname. The certificate may use the Subject Alternative Name extension or wild-carded domain names. In addition, NSURLSession requires name resolution to resolve the different hostnames to the same IP address. NSURLSession may reuse HTTP/2 connections across different domain names when these conditions are satisfied. (37507838)
• To improve security, iOS 12 beta may require you unlock your passcode-protected iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in order to connect it to a Mac, PC, or USB accessory.
• If you use iPod Accessory Protocol (iAP) USB accessories over the Lightning connector (such as CarPlay, assistive devices, charging accessories, or storage carts) or you connect to a Mac or PC you might need to unlock your device to recognize the accessory. If you don't unlock your device, it won't communicate with the accessory or computer, and it won't charge. Note that you don't need to unlock your device to charge using an Apple USB power adapter.
• If a USB accessory isn't recognized after you unlock your device, disconnect it, unlock your device, and reconnect the accessory.
• If you normally use a USB assistive device to enter your passcode, you may allow it to communicate with your device while it is locked by enabling “USB Accessories” in Settings > Face ID/Touch ID & Passcode.
Developers can download the firmware from the link below. Please follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or RSS for updates on what's new in the second beta!