iClarified Add Comment
Comments / Add Comment

Jailbreakers Should Update to iOS 6.1 Using iTunes, Not Using Software Update

Registered users can display a profile pic alongside their comment. You can upload your pic here. If you haven't registered you can do so here.
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Security Code:
Jan - 1 year ago
See what type of crap is that OTA or iTunes??? Its the same.. lool
thatcher - 1 year ago
It's not the same. Updating via iTunes creates a backup of your device so that if anything goes wrong it can be state restored. OTA does no backup at all.
Jan - 1 year ago
Ok did you read what muscleherd said he said OTA is not same as updating iTunes.. He didnt say anything about backup..
thatcher - 1 year ago
OTA only patches the firmware files on the device and doesn't do a full backed up restore. Why do you think he said use iTunes if they're the same. Look at the file sizes of the different updates....iTunes 900MB and OTA 80MB. So the 800MB+ is for nothing?
Jan - 1 year ago
Ok thats for the full firmware DOWNLOAD not restore on itunes there is a difference thats why its huge but over the air should not affect the JB no matter what.. I work in programming fyi there is NO difference...
thatcher - 1 year ago
1. I don't believe you work in programming. I know a little about programming myself. What language do you know exactly? Can you explain how you "know" this is the same? I'd love to hear it. 2. The OTA update is LOADS different that the iTunes update, if you run the OTA update (80MB download) the iPhone keeps the 6.01 files and the 6.1 80MB files are just patched over the existing files in the OS ROM to update the core files. This means that you are still using a significant amount of the 6.0.1 firmware with a updated core. If on the other hand you use the iTunes update at 900MB you are totally reinstalling the firmware on the OS partition of the flash memory, this is after all why you need a PC/Mac to do the install because it;s bigger and requires loads more battery life to susatin the ROM flash. You'd have to be an idiot to say "I know programming" and still know that MuscleNerd said "Use iTunes update" AND carry on arguing the point that there is no differene. If there is no difference why did he say it? Are you saying you know more about iPhone firmware reverse engineering than MuscleNerd does? Please?
Jan - 1 year ago
CORRECTLY what im saying.. Cause i been doin OTA for awhile and then do the JB with NO problem at ALL... See you play around in programming, but my job is programming....
Jan - 1 year ago
Plus muscleherd had never DONE a JB at all, all he has ever done is PLUG in the JB in redsnow.... So I def can say he dont know jack..
thatcher - 1 year ago
You seriously have no idea what you are talking about. Why dodge my questions about programming? If you "Work in programming" answer my questions you should know them off the top of your head. I do and I just "play around" with programming. :-D You have been able to update OTA with jailbreaks in the past yes, but this one is not an old jailbreak is it? It's a new one with different exploits which means different core iOS files are manipulated...Ones which are downloaded (wait for it) when you update from itunes! For a person "working in programming" you are pretty dumb.
thatcher - 1 year ago
LMFAO are you serious? Really, honestly? Do you really think all MuscleNerd does it put the execution package into a Windows/Mac app?
AcuraMAcMini - 1 year ago
Jan, your an idiot.... You have no idea as to what you are talking about..... Please, go to google ---- scratch that ---- go to Bing.com and ask what the difference is. Please read the answer carefully. Put "backing up" aside, a "PATCH" is worlds away from a "TOTAL INSTALL" .......... I'm at work, working on my first coffee and I have to read this BS.....