iPhone Dev-Team Releases iOS 4.2.1 Unlock for iPhone 3G, 3GS

Show Article
Comments (20)
Thomass - November 29, 2010 at 5:07am
I have iPhone 4 4.01 BB 1.59 and on CYDIA SAYS THERES UPGRADE FOR ULTRASN0W should I UPGRADE or leave it or what???????
andrew - November 29, 2010 at 1:25am
I have a 3gs running 4.1 on baseband 05.14.02. as i understand it. there is currently no unlock for this baseband. if thats the case how can i change my baseband?? im dying for an unlock to use my iphone!! do i need to upgrade to 4.2.1 which will change my baseband?? I appreciate all your help and good work. your tech skills are above and beyond mine!!!
luisdk - November 29, 2010 at 2:32am
Iphone 3g 4.1 baseband 05.14.02, just unlocked, use redsn0w with the option of Ipad baseband , use Firmware 4.2.1, after process the phone remains with Firmware 4.1, baseband 6.15.00, after this ,unlock via Cydia with Ultrasn0w as normal, thats it.
Nels - December 7, 2010 at 7:44am
Will I be able to downgrade back to f/w 4.1 after I updated the baseband 06.15.00 in f/w 4.2.1?
Bada-Bing - December 14, 2010 at 6:12pm
yup....u have too...thats what i did...updated 4.1 to 4.2.1 which gave me the 06.15.00 baseband and downgraded back to 4.2.1 which still leaves my phone with 06.15.00 baseband...!
Nels - December 14, 2010 at 10:28pm
R u having problems with the new baseband like GPS and stuff?
allen - November 28, 2010 at 10:46pm
LIAR\'s why you saying 4.2.1 unlock is out when it cant unlock the base bands of 4.2.1???? & it has to down graded to 3.2.2 to use the unlock why you just dont say that you hav released the Unlock for 3.2.2
Rob - November 28, 2010 at 9:51pm
i have an iphone4 running 4.1 UNLOCKED to tmobile and i upgraded ultrasn0w on cydia and i lost my unlock! Please help! NO i did not upgrade my phone or my baseband, i just upgraded ultrasn0w today and lost my unlock. I resetted network settings, nothin happened. I rebooted nothing happened.
Joe - November 28, 2010 at 10:29pm
restart your phone
Rob - November 28, 2010 at 10:33pm
tried that too, but it didnt work. I already fixe it though i downloaded the older version of ultrasnow that was in another repo. IPHONE 4 USERS DO NOT UPGRADE ULTRASNOW!
Joe - November 28, 2010 at 10:44pm
sorry didnt read your post carefully about you saying you rebooted already lol =)
innovative - April 4, 2014 at 6:44am
There are a lot of techniques available to unlock iphone 3g , 3gs: 1. By using unlocking software like cydia 2. Imei unlocking method 3. To unlock iphone from service provider 4. By using Remote unlocking service which is available at SuperUnlockCodes.com to unlock it .
Ahmad Magdy - November 28, 2010 at 9:42pm
I have a 3Gs on 05.13.04 baseband. What should I do? this is so confusing! Please help. Thanks!
C.Forbes - November 28, 2010 at 7:48pm
Thank you it works beautifully finally got my iphone back felt weird without it keep up the good work guys.
innovative - January 11, 2014 at 6:08am
Nice ! I'm very pleasure to share my unlocking experience here . I used Telstra Australia Apple iPhone Unlocking Service to unlock my iPhone 3gs. I got it from the provider Theunlockspot.com to unlock it .
Tom - November 28, 2010 at 7:10pm
I have 3GS and 3G with firmware 5.11.07 (VER 3.1.2). First question is how to I reset my 3G with same ver 3.1.2. Second question for my 3GS is do I have to save my SSH or upgrade 4.1 before I can jailbreak and unlock? Thanks for your help.
deteto - November 28, 2010 at 6:06pm
I have a 3gs running 4.1 with 05.14.02 modem firmware. Do i have update to 4.2.1 first and after that use the tool?
deteto - November 28, 2010 at 6:19pm
Looks like they got it for Mac only at the moment. The tool is only dmg file - mac image format.
karam - November 28, 2010 at 5:02pm
i have some q: i have iphone 3gs on ios 4.0.1 on modem firmware 05.13.04 , i need to upgread to 4.1 and my iphone remains unlocker. what do yo propose to do??
Name - November 28, 2010 at 5:12pm
Wait until iclarified updates their tutorials OR grab Pwnagetool Unlock Edition or redsn0w and wing it
Reply · Like · Mark as Spam
Leaked Photos of iPhone 6 Lightning Port Assembly, Rear Shell?
Photos have leaked that allegedly show the Li...
Cyberduck 4.5 Released for Mac OS X
Cyberduck, a popular FTP client for Mac, has ...
Dropbox App is Updated With Animated GIF Support, Performance Improvements
The Dropbox app has been updated with animate...
Highlights From Apple's Q3 2014 Financial Results Conference Call
Here are the highlights from Apple's Q3 2014 ...
Apple Announces Third Quarter Results: $37.4 Billion in Revenue, $7.7 Billion in Net Profit
Apple today announced financial results for i...