iPhone Dev-Team Releases iOS 4.2.1 Unlock for iPhone 3G, 3GS

Show Article
Comments (18)
Thomass - November 29, 2010 at 5:07am
I have iPhone 4 4.01 BB 1.59 and on CYDIA SAYS THERES UPGRADE FOR ULTRASN0W should I UPGRADE or leave it or what???????
andrew - November 29, 2010 at 1:25am
I have a 3gs running 4.1 on baseband 05.14.02. as i understand it. there is currently no unlock for this baseband. if thats the case how can i change my baseband?? im dying for an unlock to use my iphone!! do i need to upgrade to 4.2.1 which will change my baseband?? I appreciate all your help and good work. your tech skills are above and beyond mine!!!
luisdk - November 29, 2010 at 2:32am
Iphone 3g 4.1 baseband 05.14.02, just unlocked, use redsn0w with the option of Ipad baseband , use Firmware 4.2.1, after process the phone remains with Firmware 4.1, baseband 6.15.00, after this ,unlock via Cydia with Ultrasn0w as normal, thats it.
Nels - December 7, 2010 at 7:44am
Will I be able to downgrade back to f/w 4.1 after I updated the baseband 06.15.00 in f/w 4.2.1?
Bada-Bing - December 14, 2010 at 6:12pm
yup....u have too...thats what i did...updated 4.1 to 4.2.1 which gave me the 06.15.00 baseband and downgraded back to 4.2.1 which still leaves my phone with 06.15.00 baseband...!
Nels - December 14, 2010 at 10:28pm
R u having problems with the new baseband like GPS and stuff?
allen - November 28, 2010 at 10:46pm
LIAR\'s why you saying 4.2.1 unlock is out when it cant unlock the base bands of 4.2.1???? & it has to down graded to 3.2.2 to use the unlock why you just dont say that you hav released the Unlock for 3.2.2
Rob - November 28, 2010 at 9:51pm
i have an iphone4 running 4.1 UNLOCKED to tmobile and i upgraded ultrasn0w on cydia and i lost my unlock! Please help! NO i did not upgrade my phone or my baseband, i just upgraded ultrasn0w today and lost my unlock. I resetted network settings, nothin happened. I rebooted nothing happened.
Joe - November 28, 2010 at 10:29pm
restart your phone
Rob - November 28, 2010 at 10:33pm
tried that too, but it didnt work. I already fixe it though i downloaded the older version of ultrasnow that was in another repo. IPHONE 4 USERS DO NOT UPGRADE ULTRASNOW!
Joe - November 28, 2010 at 10:44pm
sorry didnt read your post carefully about you saying you rebooted already lol =)
Ahmad Magdy - November 28, 2010 at 9:42pm
I have a 3Gs on 05.13.04 baseband. What should I do? this is so confusing! Please help. Thanks!
C.Forbes - November 28, 2010 at 7:48pm
Thank you it works beautifully finally got my iphone back felt weird without it keep up the good work guys.
Tom - November 28, 2010 at 7:10pm
I have 3GS and 3G with firmware 5.11.07 (VER 3.1.2). First question is how to I reset my 3G with same ver 3.1.2. Second question for my 3GS is do I have to save my SSH or upgrade 4.1 before I can jailbreak and unlock? Thanks for your help.
deteto - November 28, 2010 at 6:06pm
I have a 3gs running 4.1 with 05.14.02 modem firmware. Do i have update to 4.2.1 first and after that use the tool?
deteto - November 28, 2010 at 6:19pm
Looks like they got it for Mac only at the moment. The tool is only dmg file - mac image format.
karam - November 28, 2010 at 5:02pm
i have some q: i have iphone 3gs on ios 4.0.1 on modem firmware 05.13.04 , i need to upgread to 4.1 and my iphone remains unlocker. what do yo propose to do??
Name - November 28, 2010 at 5:12pm
Wait until iclarified updates their tutorials OR grab Pwnagetool Unlock Edition or redsn0w and wing it
Late 2014 Mac Mini Teardown Reveals Soldered RAM [Photos]
iFixit has published a teardown of the new 20...
Facebook Updates 'Paper' App With Support for Larger iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
Facebook has updated its 'Paper' app with sup...
Apple to Require All New iOS Apps to be 64-Bit Starting February 1st
Apple has announced that it will require all ...
Early Benchmarks for the New 27-Inch Retina iMac [Chart]
Here are some early 64-bit benchmarks for the...
Tim Cook Congratulates Employees on Strong Quarter in Internal Memo
In a letter to employees, Apple CEO Tim Cook ...