Broken iPhone Silent Switch Bypass

Show Article
Comments (40)
JigsT - January 19, 2015 at 7:21am
My switch stays on silent and cannot be turned back to ring. This worked for me (iphone 6): Turn on assertive touch (through settings), then go on device and "Unmute." Turn off assertive touch (if you don't want it). It works fine now.
len - April 28, 2014 at 7:52am
Try this. Hope this helps. How To Fix The Ringer On An iPhone Quick And Easy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iYSnMMkRRE
orilowkey - November 17, 2013 at 10:56pm
you can go to settings>>accessibility>>assistive touch. Then you can mute and unmute the iPhone.
Michael - October 2, 2013 at 10:10pm
If you turn on assistive touch you can select mute/un mute under device
jadjas - January 10, 2013 at 4:36am
Ross - November 5, 2012 at 7:56am
My switch on my iPhone does work but goes down and goes up and silent and then off silent
ksl82 - May 19, 2012 at 11:59am
I couldn't find this app in iClarified's repository. I also tried to install the AutoSilent software, but it said my device wasn't proven compatible yet. So I used SBSettings with a special module: http://bluescreensolutions.blogspot.com/2012/05/iphone-broken-mute-switch-bypass-silent.html
proxide - November 4, 2009 at 5:01pm
Haven\'t tested auto silent yet, but THANK YOU in the meanwhile =) Been waiting for months for someone to post a follow-up!
Nalfein - January 25, 2010 at 11:05pm
I \'ve installed Auto Silent...but i cannot disable my Broken Silent Switch so i turns to Silent or Ringer Mode again again (vribrating all the time) and it\'s very frustrating and also consumes too much battery...Is there any settings that i must change or something?? Thanks in advance...
Amy - January 29, 2010 at 1:12pm
I searched under bothe Cydia and the App Store.. I can not find an application called Auto Silent.
J Dollaz - February 21, 2011 at 3:06pm
do these buttons have an affect on me getting my iphone jailbroken
Manish - March 10, 2011 at 2:07pm
I installed Auto Silent on my iPhone (4.2.1) and it just corrupted my iPhone. The silent switch is not working anymore, on or off, iPhone always remain on silent. Even though, I\'ve un-installed the app, but still no joy. Can any one help.
Ben - July 30, 2009 at 2:11pm
Yea. Except it is impossible to take off such a tiny piece of plastic without having a specialized tool. Because needle nose pliers even the smallest ones are too big and it doesn\'t work to try and grab it
proxide - July 29, 2009 at 7:53am
Now there\'s 3.0. I would love this app for 3.0 through Cydia!!
Bart - September 11, 2009 at 12:49pm
I also have 3.0.1 and looking forward to a mute switch bypass app. Want to have my sounds back! Can anyone help? Why isn\'t this app being updated to work with OS 3 too???
Rai - November 4, 2009 at 3:12pm
You can use \"Auto Silent\" for 3.0. It supports all iPhone generations (2g, 3g, 3gs) and os firmware 2.2, 3.0, 3.1
Apple Has Yet to Approach NBCUniversal About a Web TV Service
As part of its efforts to get approval for th...
Meerkat Live Stream Video App Gets In-App Notifications, Better Stream Discovery, More
Meerkat, an app that lets you live stream vid...
Tim Cook Deeply Disappointed in Indiana's New Law, Says 'Apple is Open for Everyone'
Apple CEO Tim Cook has taken to Twitter to vo...
Vine Now Supports HD Video
Twitter has updated Vine to support 720p HD v...
Apple Announces Grand Openings of Apple Watch Shops in France, Japan, and the U.K.
Apple has announced the grand openings of App...