The iPhone Dev-Team has released an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.3.
Apple released iOS 4.3.3 on Wednesday, and once again the untethered jailbreak exploit that @i0n1c created for 4.3.1 still works. That makes it an unprecedented three firmwares where the same userland exploit works. Were not exactly sure why Apple hasnt fixed the hole yet, but were not complaining!
Today's PwnageTool and redsn0w incorporate @i0n1cs port to 4.3.3 (its ironic that such a long-lasting untether doesnt even have an official name!). It also of course uses geohots limera1n bootrom exploit to inject the jailbreak.
The 4.3.3 untether works on all devices that actually support 4.3.3 except for the iPad2:
● iPhone4 (GSM)
● iPod touch 3G
● iPod touch 4G
● AppleTV2G (v4.3 8F202)
● ultrasn0w unlockers must stay away from redsn0w! Use only a custom IPSW to update to 4.3.3, to avoid updating your baseband. There are plenty of tutorials for both redsn0w and PwnageTool at sites like iClarified.com. Or feel free to ask away in our comments section below.
● ultrasn0w has been updated to v1.2.3 to be compatible with iOS 4.3.3 and earlier (the ultrasn0w update does not include any new baseband support!). Please reboot your iPhone using the normal slide to power off swipe after installing ultrasn0w 1.2.3.
● By popular demand, redsn0w now allows you to enable multitasking gestures (although most will find it useful only on iPads).
You can download the new versions of RedSn0w and PwnageTool here:
● redsn0w 0.9.6rc15 (Windows, Mac)
● PwnageTool 4.3.3 (Mac)
You can find our RedSn0w tutorials here:
● iPhone 4 (Windows, Mac)
● iPhone 3GS (Windows, Mac)
● iPod Touch 4G (Windows, Mac)
● iPod Touch 3G (Windows, Mac)
● iPad 1 (Windows, Mac)
Our PwnageTool tutorials are here:
● iPhone 4 (Mac)
● iPhone 3GS (Mac)
● iPod Touch 4G (Mac)
● iPod Touch 3G (Mac)
● iPad 1 (Mac)