How to Jailbreak Your iPad 2 Using Absinthe (Mac) [5.0.1]

Show Article
Comments (29)
itaymis - March 23, 2013 at 4:10pm
try this one, http://www.rapidunlockers.com/ I have unlocked my phone on very very fast (about 6 hours total) and cheap, now i can update to any version without having to worry that my phone will be locked ever again. Only 9.99 for phone unlocks!
fook - March 14, 2012 at 11:06pm
Hi, it seems to me it does not work AFTER the iOS 5.1 release:-(. I am not able to restore iPad 2 running on 5.0.1. with iTunes and that is (probably) why the Absinthe does not finish (VPN does not start even after manual switch from Settings). any ideas? THX Tom
artoodeetoo - March 15, 2012 at 11:31pm
I was able to get the Absinthe icon installed until toggling the VPN but does not reboot after a minute so no Cydia installed as of now. :(
Shasudi - March 25, 2012 at 5:26am
Same thing for me also. It is not working.
jane doe - January 22, 2012 at 7:29pm
would this method work with ipad 1?
deyoe1 - January 22, 2012 at 12:23am
Is anybody else's seeing this? Very frustrating. Please help anybody.? /Users/johndeyoe/Desktop/Screen Shot 2012-01-21 at 4.16.36 PM.png
Burtonfun156 - January 21, 2012 at 6:40pm
Well done to all guys giving us the valuable and so expected jailbreak, Great Job Special thanks to the whole team Keep up guys the good work
Pedro Al - January 21, 2012 at 1:31pm
Hi...i am having problems with maps and localization...like "unable to find location"...any idea?
Soum - January 22, 2012 at 3:33am
Same happened to me, but a Home+Power reboot did the trick. Dunno if will help.
Eddy - January 21, 2012 at 11:53am
Jailbreak works on my iPad 2, but the problem is: I cannot open my contacts! Pushing the icon makes the application start for like tenth of a second, then it crashes. Restarting the device did not help. Any idea?
MaKI - January 21, 2012 at 11:45am
I have successfully Jailbreak. VmWare WKS + MacOSX SnowLeopard Absinthe 2 hours of unsuccessful tries ... because of Micosoft Exchange Policy which requires passcode... (has to be turned off to successfully jailbreak). today morning successfully jailbroken. Unfortunately I have my email icon white ...
MaKI - January 21, 2012 at 11:50am
I've tried Rinstalled BigBoss Icon Set from Cydia twice, and all icons are correct now. :-) DON't know if this solved the problem or not, but now it seems fine. ;-)
steve - January 21, 2012 at 10:08am
well done obeyed donkey for this release
nut's - January 21, 2012 at 8:15am
After 14 hours trying , still no succes , turning on VPN does not restart my ipad automaticly ...