How to Unlock the iPhone 3G, 3GS Using BlackSn0w

Show Article
Comments (248)
Tony - May 27, 2010 at 8:49pm
Hi everyone... Okay so I have an iPhone 3GS with 05.11.07 baseband & 3.1.2. I unlocked it and have been using this phone in the Dominican Republic on CodaTel for 8 months without any problems. On Friday I lost service, rebooted the phone and it locked on the pineapple boot screen. I managed to get it restored with pwnagetool, restored the backup and got it all configured. I downloaded Blacksn0w and it locked up again. This site says 05.11.07 is a good firmware to use with Blacksn0w, but other forums say that it doesn\'t. Can anyone provide any insight on my problem... Please?
Areeb Nazim - May 28, 2010 at 2:52pm
Here is what I would do in your case...Download the 3.1.2 firmware for your phone....restore using itunes to 3.1.2 (Hold the shift button and press the restore button in iTunes). DO NOT update to 3.1.3 any any cost!! Browse to the path where your 3.1.2 is saved. Once restored, use Spirit to jailbreak first. http://www.spritjb.com . and then from within Cedia use ultrasn0w to unlock the phone. If you phone is working fine and is just lock avoid using the restore part in the instructions above and skip to the Spirit website for a jailbreak and unlock.
Gibsie - May 19, 2010 at 10:10am
This does not work...I have done it twice now and each time it just searches and does nothing apart from grinding the OS to a halt when trying to navigate. I am on 3gs 3.1.3 and BB 5.11.07.
Janus - May 19, 2010 at 7:30pm
Alright, this issue occurs if your baseband becomes corrupt. In order to fix this problem, you have to restore to the original 3.1.2 firmware (you can download the firmware from this link: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750). Please don\'t create a custom restore ipsw - just restore from that file (this ensures that your baseband will be reinstalled too). After the restore you have to hacktivate your phone (use blackra1n) in order to re-restore to 3.1.3 (and this time u better use a custome ipsw ^^).
AppleH - June 19, 2010 at 2:46am
I tried this, still can\'t resolve my wifi issue.. any idea? Thanks
ervin - May 16, 2010 at 12:49pm
need help i wanted to know if I can unlock my iphone 3gs 3.1.3 ...
Janus - May 16, 2010 at 8:06pm
Hi guys! This is a response to everyone who\'s on 3.1.3 and trying to unlock his 5.11.07 baseband. There is a small bug in blacksn0w which don’t makes geohot’s blaksn0w compatible to 3.1.3, BUT you\'re in luck: Add this source (http://cydia.pushfix.info) and install blacksn0w rc2 in Cydia. This blacksn0w version has been modified by msft.guy and is compatible to 3.1.3 and 3.1.2. It also fixes the wifi-issue (so use this one instead of the original blacksn0w)! I tested it on 3.1.3 (3GS) AND IT WORKS! (note: ONLY if your baseband is still on version 5.11.07 and on 5.12.01!!!) Enjoy it! For details see: http://msftguy.blogspot.com/2010/03/fixing-blacksn0w-on-313.html
Areeb Nazim - June 4, 2010 at 2:37pm
If you have baseband 5.11.07, you can unlock. The unlock for basband 5.12.01 will be released on June 7th 2010. Go to Settings --> General--> about and check.
Shirin Pakfar - June 7, 2010 at 3:22pm
It is June 7th! Any idea when the unlock for the 05.12.01 will come out? Thanks in advance!
yumeko - June 26, 2013 at 5:10am
Hi if you want to unlock your iphone 3gs from network lock .Then you can also unlock it using online providers like Theunlockarena.com here they unlock your iphone using remote unlocking service for reliable cost .After unlocking your iphone you can freely use it with any GSM sim.
fragglepop - May 15, 2010 at 10:12am
Same problem, jailbreak with pwnage then no phone connection. then i used this blacksnow to unlock and now I\'m stuck on the pwnage pineapple symbol. what can I do? Please help? I need my phone for important information i have on it... I have read the same complaint over ajnd over but no solution.... please help me get my iphone back on track thanks
hhhhhhh - May 26, 2010 at 9:06pm
only thing you can do is restore in itunes (and you lose all data on iphone) (connect to your computer, hold home butt on iphone, open itunes, release home button, restore in itunes - or something like that, don\'t remember for sure, if this doesn\'t work check on net exact procedure
Antonio - May 12, 2010 at 6:41pm
Help!!!! Hi folks, I had my iPhone 3G firmware 3.1.3 jail broken with Pwnage Tool, but for some reason I did not get connection to my cell phone provider, so I tried to unlock with blacksnow according to your instructions. For some reason in step 12 the phone got stuck and said \"loading Cydia\", but did not continue, so I left it alone and after a while it seemed to automatically reboot, but got stuck with the \"pineapple\" symbol. It does not continue to load and does not react to any button anymore. I can reboot with the same result holding on/off and home buttons, but nothing else. When I connect it to the computer iTunes does not recognize the phone and the phone does not react being connected in any way. Help! What went wrong and more important: How can I fix it? please Helppp Best regards,
Antonio - May 12, 2010 at 7:11pm
I figured it out. You need to go into recovery mode (not DFU) and restore the iphone (using the jailbreak firmware) with itunes. Google and you shall receive.
Ty Phan - June 3, 2010 at 5:57pm
Can you direct me to the link? I had the same problem as described, but didn\'t know how to get to the recover mode...thanks
Leo - May 8, 2010 at 5:45pm
Eric - April 25, 2010 at 12:34am
doesn\'t work on bootrom 06.04 regardless of firmware...
moiz - April 12, 2010 at 3:40pm
iphone 3g baseband 5.12.1 can i unlock my iphone???bootloader version is 5.9 plllllzzzz helppppppppp:(:(
iKastyaN - April 24, 2010 at 3:52pm
You not alone ((( i have the same problem. Look´s like we have to wait an unlock update. there is no other way
rudy - May 8, 2010 at 11:16pm
hey do you know when the unlock will come out for that baseband?
Stephan - March 26, 2010 at 2:49pm
Help!!!! Hi folks, I had my iPhone 3G firmware 3.1.3 jail broken with Pwnage Tool, but for some reason I did not get connection to my cell phone provider, so I tried to unlock with blacksnow according to your instructions. For some reason in step 12 the phone got stuck and said \"loading Cydia\", but did not continue, so I left it alone and after a while it seemed to automatically reboot, but got stuck with the \"pineapple\" symbol. It does not continue to load and does not react to any button anymore. I can reboot with the same result holding on/off and home buttons, but nothing else. When I connect it to the computer iTunes does not recognize the phone and the phone does not react being connected in any way. Help! What went wrong and more important: How can I fix it? Best regards, Stephan
norbs - April 3, 2010 at 1:23pm
same happened to my iphone... restored to factory settings using firmware 3.1.2. keep the home and power buttons pressed and plug in the phone, do not release until itunes tells you that there\'s a phone to be reset... then just go on with selecting the firmware and restore the phone... after having firmware 3.1.2 on it, just install your unlock as explained above and it works fine...
shenyuritha - December 31, 2014 at 9:06am
To unlock iPhone 3g, use Remote unlocking service . You can get it from any of the online vendors like MobileUnlockSolutions.com to unlock it
kenny - March 17, 2010 at 6:55pm
hey guys,just got a new iPhone 3G locked to movistar here in spain.it was on 3.0 software,so i updated to 3.1.2 without any problem,and then jailbreaked with blackra1n,everythin ok,also unlocked it but the problem is it is now droping network,just get 1 bar,and mostly no service.pls if any1 could help what could be the problem...
Apple Offers 19 Productivity Apps at Discounted Prices
Apple has discounted 19 productivity apps for...
Yahoo App Gets Redesigned With Interactive Digital Magazine Features
The Yahoo app for iOS was redesigned today wi...
Apple Releases iTunes 12.1 With New Widget for Notification Center
Apple has released iTunes 12.1 with a new wid...
ProCam 2 is Apple's Free App of the Week
Apple has selected ProCam 2 as its free app o...
Apple Takes iTunes Connect Offline After Issue That Logged Developers Into Random Accounts
Apple has taken iTunes Connect offline follow...