How to Unlock the iPhone 3G, 3GS Using BlackSn0w

Show Article
Comments (244)
PLEASE help - November 21, 2009 at 5:53am
Hi, I have same question like following one still@firmware 3.0 wrote at 2009-11-10 19:03:59 I have a 3GS with version 3.0 still on it - but it is unlocked and jailbroken and has cydia installed. I did not upgrade to 3.1.2 because I am afraid of it becoming locked, or bricked. I try to install blackra1n through cydia, but after I click \"install\", I get this message: \"Note: the requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed\"... and then it dos not let me install... I believe I need to upgrade to 3.1, but I\'m afraid that if I do that, I will have to reinstall Cydia or not be able to unlock it again....has this happened to anyone or does anybody know what I should do? I don\'t really get the certain answer. How do I upgrade to 3.1 before I use blackra1n tool to upgrade to 3.1.2. Because I\'m already jailbroken and unlocked with 3.0.1 version, should I use any tool to upgrade to 3.1 or just upgrade officially from itune?? Please HELP ME!! Much appreciate!!
Justin - November 19, 2009 at 8:24pm
i accidentally update my iPhone 3G to 3.1 or 3.1.2 through iTunes updates months ago (it was 2.4 before) and i just did those, but im stuck at reboot :( my iPhone keep reboot and rebooting all over again, i already tried press reset+home for 10sec but it just turn off the iphone and when i turn it on, still rebooting X( what should i do now ?
Asaad - November 20, 2009 at 3:29am
Hi Justin, Re update your phone again, it should work with no problem, re do all the steps again, it seems there is something causing this reboot which will hopefully be solved after you reupdate it.
Keith - November 16, 2009 at 5:21am
Just wondering if it works for my iPhone 2G? I do not have a Mac and can\'t unlock my iPhone 2G to 3.1.2 using Pownage Tools.... Please help. Thanks!
Callan - November 16, 2009 at 9:17am
using bootloader has worked for a lot of people, but not for me. you might want to try it: http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-unlock-iphone-2g-3.1.2-firmware-with-blackra1n-rc3-9140086/ let me know if you managed to get this to work, or if you find some other way. i\'m still in limbo. when i get some time i\'m going to try downloading the firmware and trying a different approach.
british - March 27, 2014 at 11:20am
I'm not having experience with Blacksnow . To unlock your iPhone 3g, use Remote unlocking method . You can get it from any of the online vendors like ProUnlocking.com to unlock it .
Asaad - November 13, 2009 at 7:01am
Hi, it worked great for me on the 3G i\'ve manged to update it successful to the 3.1.2 and unolock it as well, there was a problem with itune that when i sync old apps they will open and close on the iphone, so i have to download them again from itune to work on the iphone. now and after many successful itune syncs, today i got a message that my sim is not recognized and i cannot access the iphone on ituenes any help on how to fix that rather than re installing the 3.1.2 as i have fixed it and installed everything again i don\'t want to pass through this another time. PLEASE HELP
Asaad - November 13, 2009 at 8:59am
Hi, I have solved this problem by switching my sim with the AT&T sim card, and opened itunes, it asked me if i want to update the sim info i choose no, then i disconnect it installed my sim and connect again to itune, it asked me if i want to check online for the Currier i choose No and it is working again. thanks.
benjilim - November 13, 2009 at 4:02am
I followed all the steps and was installed properly. but when i switch off and on my phone again, i need to plug in to itunes to restore back. if not, i have to run blackrain again from my computer. why?
WJ - November 12, 2009 at 1:08am
HI, I just bought a 3GS and I just JB & Unlocked, but every time I turn it off and back on it goes into recovery mode????? I have to run blackra1n all over again, it doesn\'t erase anything but I still have to do it.Anyone with same problem??? Please HELP!!!
hongsandvik - November 12, 2009 at 11:27am
Hi i have the same your problem every time reboot the iphone it is on itunes mode , after jailbreak & unlock , if i restore back to original before jailbreak it is fine , i tried reboot on off fine , but when i jailbreak , and then reboot the phone balc itunes mode again ,so i don\'t know how please help me how to do it thanks a lot
Eddie - November 10, 2009 at 8:25pm
have 3GS (32GB) that came with v3.1.2 (05.11.07) and carrier-locked. Used blackra1n/blacksn0w flawlessly however when I insert preferred carrier SIM, the phone recognises network/carrier but no signal. When attempting to call that number, I get a std message saying ‘the number you are calling is currently not available….’ hence cannot call/SMS nor receive calls/SMS. I’ve tried doing ‘full network reset’; ran blacksn0w again; completely wiped and performed factory restore….no errors…but the same problem exists… Anything I\'m doing wrong??? any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Ashraf - November 12, 2009 at 1:34am
My friend I think this has nothing to do with blackra1n, can you try any other sim card and see, if the problem still there I think you must have your iPhone checked and serviced.
Callan - November 13, 2009 at 4:51pm
I\'m experiencing the same problem on a 2G iPhone after installing blackra1n and blacksnow. i now effectively have an iTouch, instead of an iPhone. the SIM definitely works, since i\'ve tried it in another iPhone (unlocked 3G). \"Cellular Data Network\" doesn\'t even show up in Settings/General/Network. Signal bars show zero reception, and eventially \'No Signal\' replaces it. however, the iphone next to it has full reception. i don\'t know if carrier or location is involved in this, but I\'m in South Africa using Vodacom.
Yudhaworld - November 14, 2009 at 11:14pm
Im experiencing the same problem too, im in Indoesia and im using 3G iPhone with last carrier from Optus - Australia, are there any solition yet ?
Eddie - November 16, 2009 at 7:05am
Ashraf...yup...did try UL/JB using 2 different carriers SIM...same story :( I\'ve no doubt on blackra1n/blacksn0w effectiveness. I think my \'brick\' is most probably IMEI locked. May work if I tried with overseas carrier SIM. Will update if it works that way. Yudha...are u using Indo SIM on Aussie handset? because in past I\'ve used Dev-team JB/UL solution on 3G (on 04.xx BB) and it has worked w/out any hitches whilst using various SIM in Oz. If your BB has been upgraded, just d/grade it and try. Callan....mate..although I also use 2G but haven\'t tried Geohot\'s release on it. Quite happy with v3.0 on BB 04.05.xx. I think you should perform factory restore; check BL and take it back to pre-upgrade state, try removing/inserting SIM; switch airplane mode on, wait 30 secs, turn off and see how it goes. I think 2G JB/UL can be quite comfortably manipulated
Sam - January 3, 2010 at 3:57pm
I to faced this error and also different sim detected error. Finally got things to work perfectly by following the process in URL below. http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=855622
still@firmware 3.0 - November 10, 2009 at 7:03pm
ashraf - November 12, 2009 at 1:37am
My friend I think what ever you do will not harm your iPhone, I myself spent 1 week doing upgrades and downgrades using many utilities, the good thing is that you can always do a restore using iTunes, do\'nt be afraid of trying. At the end the best and the fastest way of having your piece Jailbraked and Unlocked is using blackra1n, just follow the steps which are available here at iclarified.
@Levski - November 9, 2009 at 11:01am
Possible solution to GPS, WiFi, Youtube problems. What I did is, I put my original O2 SIM card and restored my iPhone 3GS with iTunes to factory settings. Then I jailbreaked wih BlackRa1n (still with O2 SIM) and unlocked with BlackSn0w. i checked to see if all is working - YES. After that i just replaced the SIM with \"unsupported\" SIM that I use. All is working: WiFi, GPS and Youtube without any problem. Hope this helps.
mahadin - November 9, 2009 at 8:08am
jailbreaked and unlocked 3gs 3.1.2 all are fine but I lost the CYDIA Icon, anyone knows how to get it back please.
<< Previous 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11 Next >>
New iPhone 6 Renders Based on Leaked Cases and Schematics [Images]
Martin Hajek, a designer well known for his A...
Gameloft Releases 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Game for iOS
Gameloft has released the official game for '...
Scramble With Friends Gets New Leaderboards, Mega Inspire Boost, New Menu, More
Scramble With Friends has been updated with n...
Facebook 9.0 Released for iOS
Facebook has released a new version of its ap...
RadioShack Drops iPhone 5s Price to $99 Starting Tomorrow
Starting tomorrow RadioShack is dropping the ...