How to Unlock the iPhone 3G, 3GS Using BlackSn0w

Show Article
Comments (248)
katma136 - December 1, 2009 at 6:38am
this iphone business has just been a long list of problems. does anyone have any guesses as to what else i can try? i have 3g, and have somehow ended up on 3.0 on 05.11.07. i cannot downgrade using fuzzyband as it tells me i have bootloader version 05.09. i cannot update/restore to 3.1 as i keep getting 1601, 13, 14, etc errors in itunes (many computers, many cables, different usb ports tried - nada). i have ultrasn0w, but of course it didnt unlock it properly, and i have no service. ah, complicated. any ideas? thanks guys :)
Fadil - December 1, 2009 at 12:28pm
Download iTunes 9.0.2 first and update your iPhone with new FW 3.1.2 from iTunes then go ahead and use blackra and I believe you will be OK.
Stephen - December 1, 2009 at 12:53pm
Those who have 3.0 and tried to update I had the exact same problem. No matter what restore file I used i got those generic Errors and the phone remained in DFU or REcovery mode with the itunes cable icon on screen. Same procedure with with my other iphone but the new one refused. The failure occurs when itunes does it check with the apple store then Apple says \"NOT\" The only possible way i found to bring phone back to life is just to the the restore right from itunes and let it restore you phone to factory with latest software. this will update your modem firmware which is most of what I wanted to avoid. Well once its all done and the phone is back to life use the black rain jail break and unlock tutorial and you will be back in business with unlocked phone. Just depending on your boot rom dont let the battery die.
abood - December 10, 2009 at 6:05am
Hi Fadli, I have phone 3g (8G). I have done exactly as you said so, update my firmware (3.1.2) through itunes, jailbreak it using blackra1n.com RC3, and then unlock it using the steps above, but i still cant unlock my iphone, its so strange.. any help guys ?!!!!!!! PS. I stay in UAE
Fadil - December 18, 2009 at 9:44am
If you did all steps like you said you should be good but you said that you cant unlock check your iPhone with differnt sim card thats just one more way to try.I done the same procedures and my iPhone is working good so thats all I have to say my friend.
DJ NAJ - November 27, 2009 at 11:55am
i having problem my i phone,it was 2.2.1.but somebody installed inside turbo sim,i removed that turbo sim and unlocked perfectly,but the problem is i can get signal from some providers only,the others alwys no service...please anybody help me out to solve this problem
ginko - November 26, 2009 at 11:08am
same thing happened to me. This is what u have to check. 1. go to settings/General/Network/Cellular Data Network in the APN box u should have a url that is been provided by your provider. I guess when u Jailbreak and unlock it wipes it out
Eduardo Troconis - November 26, 2009 at 1:49pm
I don\'t know, but for some strange reason I don\'t have the option APN en network settings :S what a mess dude!
marcus - November 25, 2009 at 9:45pm
Good evening, in on a iphone 3gs 3.1.2 , firm ware 05.11.07. followed tutorial to the letter and got Snow off blackrain with cydia. however when i put in my English orange sim it just comes up with \"different sim detected please connect to itunes\" however i have signal \"i recived a text at this point\" . but i cant use anything on the phone unless i put in my rodger sim again. anyone got any ideas. thanks for your time.
Mel - November 30, 2009 at 4:40pm
Did you successfully jailbreak your iphone? After the jailbreak, did you install the blacksn0w in Cydia?
marcus - November 30, 2009 at 8:35pm
yep, Downloaded Cydia, then downloaded Blacksn0w, said it was done! so stuck in my other sim, no joy! downloaded sn0w agian and rebooted phone and still no joy:-(
Harish - December 12, 2009 at 9:23am
Did you manage to fix the problem. I am facing the same problem with 3gs iphone with 3.1.2 and 5.11.07. \"Different sim detected, connect to itunes\" after Jailbreak and unlock with Blackra1n. Please let me know.
jim - January 3, 2010 at 3:47pm
For me too I got \"different sim detected\" error. Tried the jb and unlock process for 10-15 times . Finally used the process described in http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=855622 and it works.
katma136 - November 25, 2009 at 5:09pm
Does a way of unlocking the 3g without an AT&T sim card? i have moved country and can\'t get hold of one easily. thank you
mel - November 30, 2009 at 4:43pm
i think the blacksnow will work with or without sim card. Did you try running the jailbreak and unlocking without sim?
Asaad - December 1, 2009 at 2:34am
Hi yes it will work without the sim, but never click the check online for the courier in itunes as it will block it and then you\'ll need the AT&T. hope this helped.
PLEASE help - November 21, 2009 at 5:53am
Hi, I have same question like following one still@firmware 3.0 wrote at 2009-11-10 19:03:59 I have a 3GS with version 3.0 still on it - but it is unlocked and jailbroken and has cydia installed. I did not upgrade to 3.1.2 because I am afraid of it becoming locked, or bricked. I try to install blackra1n through cydia, but after I click \"install\", I get this message: \"Note: the requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed\"... and then it dos not let me install... I believe I need to upgrade to 3.1, but I\'m afraid that if I do that, I will have to reinstall Cydia or not be able to unlock it again....has this happened to anyone or does anybody know what I should do? I don\'t really get the certain answer. How do I upgrade to 3.1 before I use blackra1n tool to upgrade to 3.1.2. Because I\'m already jailbroken and unlocked with 3.0.1 version, should I use any tool to upgrade to 3.1 or just upgrade officially from itune?? Please HELP ME!! Much appreciate!!
Justin - November 19, 2009 at 8:24pm
i accidentally update my iPhone 3G to 3.1 or 3.1.2 through iTunes updates months ago (it was 2.4 before) and i just did those, but im stuck at reboot :( my iPhone keep reboot and rebooting all over again, i already tried press reset+home for 10sec but it just turn off the iphone and when i turn it on, still rebooting X( what should i do now ?
Asaad - November 20, 2009 at 3:29am
Hi Justin, Re update your phone again, it should work with no problem, re do all the steps again, it seems there is something causing this reboot which will hopefully be solved after you reupdate it.
Keith - November 16, 2009 at 5:21am
Just wondering if it works for my iPhone 2G? I do not have a Mac and can\'t unlock my iPhone 2G to 3.1.2 using Pownage Tools.... Please help. Thanks!
Callan - November 16, 2009 at 9:17am
using bootloader has worked for a lot of people, but not for me. you might want to try it: http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-unlock-iphone-2g-3.1.2-firmware-with-blackra1n-rc3-9140086/ let me know if you managed to get this to work, or if you find some other way. i\'m still in limbo. when i get some time i\'m going to try downloading the firmware and trying a different approach.
Asaad - November 13, 2009 at 7:01am
Hi, it worked great for me on the 3G i\'ve manged to update it successful to the 3.1.2 and unolock it as well, there was a problem with itune that when i sync old apps they will open and close on the iphone, so i have to download them again from itune to work on the iphone. now and after many successful itune syncs, today i got a message that my sim is not recognized and i cannot access the iphone on ituenes any help on how to fix that rather than re installing the 3.1.2 as i have fixed it and installed everything again i don\'t want to pass through this another time. PLEASE HELP
Asaad - November 13, 2009 at 8:59am
Hi, I have solved this problem by switching my sim with the AT&T sim card, and opened itunes, it asked me if i want to update the sim info i choose no, then i disconnect it installed my sim and connect again to itune, it asked me if i want to check online for the Currier i choose No and it is working again. thanks.
benjilim - November 13, 2009 at 4:02am
I followed all the steps and was installed properly. but when i switch off and on my phone again, i need to plug in to itunes to restore back. if not, i have to run blackrain again from my computer. why?
<< Previous 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11 Next >>
New Microsoft Outlook App Released for iOS
Microsoft has released a new Microsoft Outloo...
Samsung Announces 64% Drop in Mobile Profits
Samsung has reported its earnings for the fou...
Facebook Updates Paper App With Improved Camera Roll, Sharing, Performance
Facebook has updated its Paper app with impro...
OneDrive App for iOS Gets New Photo Features, Support for Business Accounts, More
Microsoft has updated its OneDrive app for iO...
Apple App Store Generates 70% More Revenue Than Google Play Store Despite Fewer Downloads [Chart]
A new report from App Annie reveals that the ...