Quick Info Sheet for iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak
MuscleNerd from the iPhone Dev-Team has posted some details on the upcoming untethered jailbreak from pod2g.
● All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
● @pod2g's 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking.
- the initial 5.1.1 plan used a kernel exploit from @westbaer which unfortunately precluded use in iPod3,1 and iPhone2,1
- @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
● The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
● Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI "cinject" binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions.
- timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.
● For those wishing to donate, we've set up a new 5.1.1 paypal URL: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4U6DQGJ2NRVUN
● Please don't pirate AppStore apps (seriously, please do not).
The jailbreak is set for release very shortly. You can check out the video below and follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, or RSS to be notified of the jailbreak's release.